International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Author||William A. Darity, Jr.|
|Publisher||Macmillan Reference USA|
|Preceded by||Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences (1930–35)|
The International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences was first published in 1968 and was edited by David L. Sills and Robert K. Merton. It contains seventeen volumes and thousands of entries written by scholars around the world. The 2nd edition is composed entirely of new articles. It was published in 2008 and edited by William A. Darity, Jr., an American economist.
Though the 1968 Encyclopedia was initially intended to "complement, not supplant" MacMillan's earlier, fifteen-volume Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences, which had been published from 1930 to 1967 and was edited by American economists Edwin Robert Anderson Seligman and Alvin Saunders Johnson, it effectively replaced the earlier Encyclopaedia, in practice.
- "Gale Catalog – International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, Edition 2". Gale.cengage.com. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Gale – International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences – Explore the Content". Gale.cengage.com. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Cavin, James P. (1 January 1969). "The International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences: A Review Article". American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 51 (2): 268–278. doi:10.2307/1237578. JSTOR 1237578.
- "Encyclopaedia of Social Sciences, Inc. Records, 1927–1934". Hampshire College Archives.
- Johnson, E. A. J. (1 January 1936). "The Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences". The Quarterly Journal of Economics. 50 (2): 355–366. doi:10.2307/1885029. JSTOR 1885029.
- Caldwell, J. C. (1 November 1996). "Demography and Social Science". Population studies. 50 (3): 305–333. doi:10.1080/0032472031000149516. PMID 11618372.
- List of encyclopedias by branch of knowledge
- Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences (1930–35)
- International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences (2001)
|This article about a book on social science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an encyclopedia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|