International Ergonomics Association
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Has 52 Federated Societies from across the globe.
- Promotes and coordinates the international exchange of scientific and technical information by arranging and promoting conferences and meetings.
- Supports ergonomists and ergonomics in developing countries.
- Has goals and objectives derived from a strategic plan.
- Maintains a Directory of Educational Programs in ergonomics covering 35 countries.
- Has produced guidelines on Core Competencies in Ergonomics.
- Produced an agreed definition of "Ergonomics" in the year 2000.
- Is establishing a program of certification for Ergonomics QUality In Design (EQUID).
- Encourages development and application of ergonomics by administering nine different awards.
The IEA is governed by a council with representatives from the Federated societies. Day-to-day administration is performed by the Executive Committee that comprises the elected Officers and Chairs of the Standing Committees.
|This article about an international organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|