International Federation of Inventors' Associations
Fédération internationale des associations d’inventeurs
|Formation||(July 11, 1968)|
|Founded at||London, United Kingdom|
|Type||International non-governmental organization Nonprofit organization|
|More Than 175 members from 80 Countries and Territories|
|Farag Moussa (Honorary President)|
Leif Nordstrand (founders)
The International Federation of Inventors' Associations (IFIA) is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization founded in London, on July 11, 1968, by inventor's associations of Denmark, Finland, Germany, Great Britain, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.
IFIA was established in 1968 in London by the cooperation of the representatives of seven European countries namely Denmark, Finland, Germany, Great Britain, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. The IFIA is registered as one of the partners of International Geneva United Nation Office in Geneva (UNOG). The IFIA logo registered in Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property. The organization has member organizations in more than 100 countries, and around 175 member organizations in total. The IFIA has a General Assembly, that includes an Executive Committee and elects the IFIA President. In 2018 the IFIA founded the Silicon Valley International Invention Festival.
IFIA has observer status (Special Category – Technology) at the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development; observer status at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO); has United Nations Industrial Development Organization's (UNIDO) consultative status; is a member of the Standing Advisory Committee before the European Patent Office (SACEPO); and is included among the Assembly of Professional Society in European Alliance for Innovation (EAI). IFIA received a grant special consultative status from the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations on June 6, 2019. IFIA also is Members of MIT's Solve community.
This section relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The President shall be elected by the General Assembly for a period of four years (until the ordinary session of the General Assembly).
|Mr. A. W. Richardson||Great Britain||1968–1972|
|Mr. Harald A R Romanus ||Sweden||1972–1976|
|Dr. Friedrich BURMESTER ||Germany||1976–1980|
|Mr. Leif Gottfred Nordstrand||Norway||1980–1984|
|Mr. Bo-Goran Wallin ||Sweden||1984–1988|
|Mr. Clarence P. Feldmann ||Switzerland||1988–1992|
|Dr. Farag MOUSSA ||Switzerland||1992–2004 (*)|
|Mr. Eduardo Roberto Fernandez||Argentina||2004–2006|
|Dr. András VEDRES ||Hungary||2006–2014 (*)|
|Alireza Rastegar ||Iran||2014–present |
(re-elected in 2018)
IFIA is organizes and supports the publication of reference books, guides, surveys, studies, conferences and conventions, competitions and awards for inventions, illustrative exhibits related to inventors and inventions, and consultative services. They also sponsor the IFIA Awards, which since 2015 have including the Best Invention Medal, Ambassador Medal, and the Memorial medal. Prior awards have included the Global Golden Medal.
The Memorial Medal has been awarded to Ivo Josipoviæm, President of Croatia Teresa Stanek Rea, USPTO Acting Director Benoît Battistelli, EPO President Miklós Bendzsel, WIPO Director General Francis Gurry, and Thailand Deputy Prime Minister Prajin Juntong.
- UN NGO
- WIPO Observer list
- Unctad Observer list
- EPO Standing Advisory Committee before the European Patent Office (SACEPO)
- EAI Assembly of Professional Societies (EAI)
- United Nation Office in Geneva (UNOG)
- IFIA inventors and inventions award
- IFIA memorial medal
- IFIA inventions , inventors , new product and technology events
- MANTAD INTERNATIONAL
- MANTAD 2
- A grant special consultative status from the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- "IFIA Members". IFIA.
- United Nations Office, Geneva (2001). International Geneva Yearbook 2001–2002: Organization and Activities of International Institutions in Geneva. United Nations Publications. p. 439. ISBN 92-1-000139-7.
- Barrow, Colin (2016-10-19). Starting and Running a Business All-in-One for Dummies. ISBN 978-1-119-36104-6.
- "Inventor's Service". 11. Engineering Materials and Design. 1968. p. 1610.
- "International Federation of Inventors' Associations – IFIA | Genève Internationale". www.geneve-int.ch.
- News, Morocco World (July 2, 2019). "Moroccan Inventors Excel at Silicon Valley International Invention Exhibition".
- "Morocco is a permanent member of the international federation of inventors' associations". iinanews.org.
- "EAI – European Alliance for Innovation". eai.eu.
- "United Nations Search results for CSos". esango.un.org.
- "The Importance of the Patent System to Developing Countries: Collection of lectures given at the World Symposium organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization at Colombo, Sri Lanka in February 1977". 26 July 2016.
- Colin Barrow (2003). The Complete Small Business Guide: A sourcebook for new and small businesses. Wiley. p. 164.
- Patnaik, Santosh (September 9, 2017). "International meet of inventors begins in Visakhapatnam" – via www.thehindu.com.
- Suryadinata, Leo (2012). Southeast Asian Personalities of Chinese Descent: A Biographical Dictionary, Volume I & II. ISBN 9789814345217.
- Casey, Susan (October 1997). Women Invent!: Two Centuries of Discoveries That Have Shaped Our World. ISBN 978-1-56976-511-1.
- Huri, Gazi; Paschos, Nikolaos K. (2017-10-10). The Shoulder. ISBN 978-3-319-51979-1.
- "9 Saudis win 21 medals at International Warsaw Invention Show in Poland". Arab News. October 16, 2017.
- "IFIA President, Alireza Rastegar, proposed changing IFIA medal in the". June 21, 2015.
- "Bogsch medal".