International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||global non-profit NGO|
|Associations and Companies|
|Dr Stefan Oschmann|
The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA) represents the research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe. The research-based pharmaceutical industry’s 1.3 million employees research, develop and provide medicines and vaccines that improve the life of patients worldwide. Based in Geneva, IFPMA has official relations with the United Nations and contributes industry expertise to help the global health community find solutions that improve global health.
IFPMA manages global initiatives including: IFPMA Developing World Health Partnerships studies and identifies trends for the research-based pharmaceutical industry's long-term partnership programs to improve health in developing countries; IFPMA Code of Practice sets standards for ethical promotion of medicines; IFPMA Clinical Trials Portal helps patients and health professionals learn about ongoing clinical trials and trial results.
IFPMA was founded in 1968.
In 2012 IFPMA released a strengthened code of ethics and professional standards.
The International Pharmaceutical Congress Advisory Association (IPCAA) works in partnership with the regulatory bodies European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) and IFPMA.
A full list of members is available on the IFPMA website.
IFPMA advocates policies that encourage discovery of and access to life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to improve the health of people everywhere and to promote and support principles of ethical conduct and practices.
The IFPMA is the Trustee of the International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) Steering Committee and holds the intellectual property rights (ownership) of the international medical terminology dictionary MedDRA.
- Advocate for sustainable health policies
- Encourage discovery of and access to life-saving and life-enhancing medicines
- Support science-based regulatory framework
- Promote ethical practices
- IFPMA Developing World Health Partnerships
- IFPMA Clinical Trials Portal
- International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH)
- "About IFPMA". Retrieved 11 Jun 2014.
- Stovall, Sten (1 Mar 2012). "Stronger Code of Practice for Global Pharma Industry". Retrieved 11 Jun 2014.
- "IFPMA EFPIA IPCAA". http://www.ipcaa.org/. Retrieved 11 Jun 2014. External link in
All IFPMA publications can be downloaded at: http://www.ifpma.org/resources/publications.html
- IFPMA-FIP, The threat of false friends, Joining efforts to protect patients against online sales of fake medicines, 2012
- IFPMA, IFPMA Framework for Action on NCDs, 2011-2012 Progress Report, 2012
- IFPMA, The New Frontiers of Biopharmaceutical Innovation, 2012
- IFPMA, Mental and Neurological Disorders, Innovative therapies, innovative collaborations, 2012
- IFPMA, Health by the Numbers: results of the 2011 IFPMA wellness survey, 2012
- IFPMA, Developing World Health Partnerships Directory, 2012
- IFPMA, Biotherapeutic Medicines: Grasping the New Generation of Treatments, 2012
- IFPMA / WADA, 2 FIELDS 1 GOAL Brochure, Protecting the integrity of science and sport, 2012
- IFPMA, The changing landscape on access to medicines, 2012
- IFPMA, Delivering the Promise of the Decade of Vaccines, 2012
- IFPMA Influenza Vaccines Supply International Task Force (IVS), Seasonal Influenza Vaccinations Series, 2012
- IFPMA, IFPMA Code of Practice, 2012
- IFPMA, Ending neglected tropical diseases, 2012
- IFPMA / WHPA, NCDs - An Action Toolkit for health professionals, patients and public
- Includes Health Improvement Card, 2011
- IFPMA, Data Exclusivity: Encouraging Development of New Medicines, 2011
- IFPMA, Technology Transfer: a Collaborative Approach to Improve Global Health, 2011
IFPMA Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/ifpma