International Geodetic Student Organisation
|Motto||to unite geodesy, cartography, geomatics and geoinformatics students from all over the world|
|Founded||May 10, 1991|
|worldwide, mainly Europe|
|98 universities from 34 countries|
The International Geodetic Student Organisation (also known as IGSO) is an international, independent, non-political, non-profit organisation run by and for geodesy students and young geodesists.
The aims of the IGSO are:
- to bring organisations of geodesy students of all countries together
- to represent geodetic students in public
- to organise connections between the member associations
- to establish and to strengthen the co-operation with the authorities
These aims are organised and realised by the International Geodetic Students Meeting (IGSM) and the General Assembly.
The members of the IGSO are associations of universities representing geodetic students.
The IGSO consists of these institutions:
- The General Assembly.
- The International Geodetic Students Agency (the General Secretary, the Treasurer, and the Actuary)
- The auditors of account.
Meetings and Activities
Every year the IGSO organises an International Geodetic Students Meeting (IGSM) in a different country. These meetings allow students to exchange experiences from geodesy and to get to know other countries' customs and culture.
Past and future meetings:
- "Members - IGSO". Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Articles of Association of the International Geodetic Student Organisation". 9 May 2008. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "The Structure and Methods of Student Organization for IGSM 2004" (PDF). International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Science, Volume XXXVI, Part 6, Tokyo Japan 2006. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- IGSM – History on igso.info
- "article in German DVW magazine" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-12-30. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "speech of the Finnish Minister of Culture". Archived from the original on 2013-12-30. Retrieved 2013-12-28.
- ITÜ article about IGSM 2005
- Bieda, Agnieszka. "IGSM 2006, Cracow, Poland".
- "Home". uacg.bg. Archived from the original on 2013-12-31. Retrieved 2013-12-28.
- "XXI IGSM Valencia '08". 4 March 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
- "IGSM 2009 - Home".
- "Studentski Zbor Geodetskog Fakulteta – Geodetski fakultet". Archived from the original on 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2013-12-28.
- "IGSM 2011 - Newcastle upon Tyne, UK". 21 July 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-07-21.
- "IGSM 2012".
- "Home - IGSM 2013 Wrocław".
- "IGSM 2014-International Geodetic Students Meeting 2014-Istanbul-ITU".
- "IGSM 2015 website".
- "The Official IGSM 2016 Site". Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "IGSM 2017". Archived from the original on 2016-07-09. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- "FIG partnerships with professional organisations". fig.net.