International Islamic University, Chittagong
|আন্তর্জাতিক ইসলামী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় চট্টগ্রাম|
|Motto||Combine Quality With Morality|
|Chancellor||Abdul Hamid, President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. A.K.M. Azharul Islam|
|Campus||IIUC Campus: Kumira, Sitakunda, Chittagong
City Liaison Office: College road, Chittagong.
Female Academic Building: Bahaddarhat, Chittagong
The International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC) (Bengali: আন্তর্জাতিক ইসলামী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় চট্টগ্রাম) is a private university in Chittagong, Bangladesh. It was founded in 1995 under the Private Universities Act of 1992 (Act no. 34 of 1992). Islamic University Chittagong Trust (IUCT) is the founder organization of this university. IIUC is still governed by IUCT. It got government approval on February 11, 1995.
- 1 History
- 2 IIUC Campus
- 3 Degrees offered
- 4 Library and Information Division (LID)
- 5 Accreditation
- 6 Hostel facilities
- 7 Scholarships
- 8 Foreign Collaboration
- 9 Event organization
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Islamic University Chittagong (IUC) was founded in 1995 by Islamic University Chittagong Trust (IUCT), a non-profit organization. In 2000, IUC was upgraded to International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC).
- Main campus is located in Kumira(facing to Dhaka Chittagong Highway)
- Chittagong City Liaison Office is located in Chawkbazar, Chittagong.
- Female Academic Building is located in Chandgaon, Chittagong.
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Department of Computer science & engineering (CSE): Bachelor of Science in Computer science and Engineering (B.Sc. in CSE),Professional Diploma in Computer Science (DCS).
- Department of Computer and Communication Engineering (CCE): Bachelor of Science in Computer and Communication Engineering (B.Sc. in CCE)
- Department of Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering (ETE): Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering (B.Sc. in ETE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE): Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (B.Sc. in EEE)
- Department of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- English Language and Literature (ELL): Master of Arts in English Language and Literature, Masters of Arts in English Language Teaching (ELT), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in English Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature (ALL), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Arabic Language and Literature
Faculty of Business Studies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) [Regular]
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) [Executive]
- Master of Bank Management (MBM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Economics & Banking (EB)
Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Law (LLB Hons.)
- Bachelor of Law (LLB Pass)
Faculty of Shari'ah & Islamic Studies
Qur'anic Sciences and Islamic Studies (QSIS): Master of Arts in Qur'nic Sciences and Islamic Studies (MQSIS), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Qur'anic Sciences and Islamic Studies, Da'wah and Islamic Studies (DIS), Master of Arts in Da'wah and Islamic Studies (MDIS), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Da'wah and Islamic Studies. 
Library and Information Division (LID)
There are seven libraries in IIUC, listed here with area information and number of books:
|Sl. No.||Library name||Space (sq ft)|
|1||Central Library, Permanent Campus, Kumira||33,000|
|2||Main Campus Library-City Campus, Chittagong||3,000|
|3||Female Campus Library, Chittagong||2,000|
|4||ELL Seminar Library, Chittagong||1,000|
|5||DBA Seminar Library, Chittagong||3500|
|6||Health Campus Library, Chittagong||1,500|
|1||Faculty of Shari’ah||4,972||22,666|
|2||Faculty of Science & Engineering||908||23,909|
|3||Faculty of Administrative Science||827||22,690|
|4||Faculty of Health Science||157||803|
|5||Faculty of Art’s & Humanities||750||5,736|
|6||Faculty of Law||560||2,907|
IIUC is graded by a team constituted by the prime minister in 2004 headed by the chairman of UGC for evaluating the standard and quality of existing 57 private universities. IIUC is the first private university which has been accredited by the Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education (BAETE) for fulfilling all requirements in its CSE and CCE programs; it is the first private university in Bangladesh accredited by BAETE.
Hostel accommodation is available; The hostels are as follows:(separate hostel for foreign students)
|Main Campus (Chittagong City)||Male||4|
|Main Campus (Chittagong City)||Female||2|
|Permanent Campus (Kumira)||Male||6|
IIUC offers scholarships in each semester. Full-time teachers are studying abroad for higher degrees with an IIUC scholarship. Current faculty or students are provided with a scholarship for higher study in home or abroad.
IIUC has signed for formal academic collaboration agreement called Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). Under these agreements, students of IIUC are able to transfer their credits to the following universities and institutions:
- Acadia University, Canada
- Al Azhar Al Sharif University, Egypt
- Al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University, KSA
- Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- Cape Breton University, Canada
- European Institute for Human Sciences, France
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Malaysia
- Islamic Foundation Leicester, UK
- King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Multimedia University, Malaysia
- National University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Portland State University, USA
- Saint Mary's University, Canada
- The Business School of London, UK
- Universitas Trisakti, Indonesia
- University of Central Queensland, Australia
- University of Windsor, Canada
- Victoria University, Australia
- Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- University of Bedfordshire, UK
IIUC has organized events such as National Computer Programming Contest (NCPC), Inter-university Programming Contest, IIUC Intra-university Programming Contest (IIUPC), IT Festival, Job Fair, Dynamic Leadership Training Camp (DLTC), Poem Recitation Workshop,Annual Cultural festival, Programming Workshop, Open Source Workshop, and Hardware and Software Fairs.
In August, 2007 it organized Open Source Campaign-5 which was a step towards open source awareness in Chittagong and in Bangladesh. It ran from August 31 to September 1, 2007. It mainly focused on open source and its features, flexibilities and its opportunities in Bangladesh as well as in the whole world.
-  Bangladesh Private University Act (Act No.34), August 9, 1992
- "International Islamic University Chittagong". www.iiuc.ac.bd. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "IIUC History". International Islamic University Chittagong. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
-  Website of ETE Department, IIUC
-  Faculty of Science & Engineering, IIUC
-  Faculty of Arts & Humanities, IIUC
-  Faculty of Business Studies, IIUC
-  Faculty of Law, IIUC
-  Faculty of Shariah & Islamic Studies, IIUC
-  Libraries of IIUC
-  IIUC Website UGC BAETE
- Hostel Facilities for Male and Female Students. "Accommodation". Retrieved 2008-03-17.
-  IIUC Website
-  IIUC International Collaboration
-  IIUC Open Source Camp
- IIUC Main academic website
- IIUC Alumni website (subscription open)
- IIUC Dhaka campus website
- Private Universities List