International Journal of Applied Philosophy
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Int. J. Appl. Philos.|
|Edited by||Elliot D. Cohen|
Philosophy Documentation Center (United States)
The International Journal of Applied Philosophy is a biannual peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes philosophical examinations of practical problems. It was established in 1982, and contains original articles, reviews, and edited discussions of non-academic topics of general interest. The journal is published by the Philosophy Documentation Center, and some articles are published in co-operation with the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics.
The journal covers philosophy related issues in business, education, the environment, government, health care, law, psychology, and science. Special issue topical coverage has included abortion, animal rights, gambling, lying, terrorism, torture, and the foreign policy of the United States.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic Search Premier
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- Humanities International Index
- Index Philosophicus
- InfoTrac OneFile
- International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- International Philosophical Bibliography
- MLA International Bibliography
- Philosopher's Index
- Philosophy Research Index
- Political Science Complete
- Russian Academy of Sciences Bibliographies
- TOC Premier
- "Journal web site". Retrieved 27 July 2014.