International Journal of Surgery
|Edited by||Professor David Rosin|
|Frequency||monthly with additional special issues|
|Delayed, after 2 years.|
|Int. J. Surg.|
The International Journal of Surgery is a peer-reviewed medical journal of surgery established in 1888. The journal has been published by Elsevier since 2005. The journal is affiliated with the Association of Surgeons in Training, the New York Surgical Society and with the Chinese chapter of the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association. The journal is published monthly, and articles become open-access after an embargo period of 2 years.
The journal is indexed and abstracted in:
Harold Ellis Prize
Since 2004, the journal has annually awarded the Harold Ellis Prize "in recognition of scientific papers judged to be outstanding". The recipients of the awards are
- 2017 - Riaz A. Agha, Alexander J. Fowler, Alexandra Saeta, Ishani Barai, Shivanchan Rajmohan, Dennis P. Orgill for "The SCARE Statement: Consensus-based surgical case report guidelines"
- 2015 - Michal Pedziwiatr, Mikhail Kisialeuski, Mateusz Wierdak, Maciej Stanek, Michal Natkaniec, Maciej Matlok, Piotr Major, Piotr Malczak, Andrzej Budzynski for "Early implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS®) protocol – Compliance improves outcomes: A prospective cohort study"
- 2014 - Oliver J. Muensterer, Martin Lacher, Christoph Zoeller, Matthew Bronstein, Joachim Kübler for "Google Glass in pediatric surgery: An exploratory study"
- 2013 - N. A. O'Regan, J. Fitzgerald, S. Timmons, H. O'Connell, D. Meagher for "Delirium: A key challenge for perioperative care"
- 2012 - Holger Keil, Wolf Mueller, Christel Herold-Mende, Martha Maria Gebhard, Günter Germann, Holger Engel, Matthias A. Reichenberger for "Preoperative shock wave treatment enhances ischemic tissue survival, blood flow and angiogenesis in a rat skin flap model"
- 2011 - Muhammad Imran Aslam, Ashish Kelkar, David Sharpe, John Stuart Jameson for "Ten years experience of managing the primary tumours in patients with stage IV colorectal cancers"
- 2010 - Saleh El-Awadi, Ayman El-Nakeeb et al. for "Laparoscopic versus open cholecystectomy in cirrhotic patients: A prospective randomized study"
- 2009 - Colin A. Walsh, Tjun Tang, Stewart R. Walsh for "Laparoscopic versus open appendicectomy in pregnancy: A systematic review"
- 2008 - Agha R, Cooper D, Muir G for "The reporting quality of randomised controlled trials in surgery: A systematic review"
- 2007 - Thomas Schlich for "Nobel Prizes for surgeons: In recognition of the surgical healing strategy"
- 2006 - S. Alam Hannan for "The magnificent seven: a history of modern thyroid surgery"
- 2005 - Not awarded
- 2004 - J. Whittle for "Preoperative Anthropometric Analysis of the Cleft Child’s Face: A Comparison between Groups"
International Journal of Surgery Case Reports
International Journal of Surgery Case Reports is dedicated to publishing open access surgical case reports. The journal annually awards the Thomas Starzl Prize, won by
- 2014 - B. Patrice Mwipatayi, Chee Weng Leong, Pradeep Subramanian, Alarick Picardo for "En bloc kidney transplant from an 18-month-old donor to an adult recipient: Case report and literature review"
- 2013 - Mohammed Al Mohaidly, Ahmed Suliman and Horia Malawi for "Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for a two-and half year old morbidly obese child"
International Journal of Surgery Open
International Journal of Surgery Open is a fully open access journal of surgery.
- "The Harold Ellis Prize in Surgery" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-09-06.