International Lesbian Information Service
|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The International Lesbian Information Service (ILIS) was international organization with the purpose to foster international lesbian organizing. It was started within ILGA in 1980. Next year, at a separate lesbian conference arranged prior to the ILGA Turin conference, lesbian organizations decided that ILIS should be a separate organization.
ILIS arranged several international conferences. The activities seem to have gradually stopped in the late 1990s.
ILIS also published a newsletter. The publishing duties and the location of the ILIS Secretariat rotated as follows:
- ILIS cheap stencil service, Amsterdam 1980-81
- ILIS Newsletter, Helsinki 1981-83; Oslo 1984
- ILIS Bulletin, Geneva 1984-86
- ILIS Newsletter, Amsterdam 1987-1998
Anderson, Shelley, Lesbian rights are human rights! Amsterdam: ILIS, 1995.
- "An international ego trip", ILIS Newsletter 13 (1983)