International Network for Sustainable Energy
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Network of NGOs, grassroot organisations|
|Focus||sustainable energy environmentalism|
|Method||newsletter, education, research, lobbying|
|160 NGOs worldwide|
The International Network for Sustainable Energy (INFORSE) is an international, non-profit organisation (NGO) network of environmental organizations promoting sustainable energy to protect the environment and to decrease poverty.
- Develops scenarios for a transition to a 100% renewables energy supply with factor four energy efficiency by 2050. A global, EU-27 and European national scenarios are developed. The name of the sustainable energy model is INFORSE Vision 2050.,
- Worldwide database of about 1000 contacts, web based resources on EU policy, school materials, successes
- Online course material (DIERET)
- Quarterly newsletter: Sustainable Energy News (SEN) published since 1992
- Participation on UN Conferences as NGO observer as INFORSE has Consultative Status at UN ECOSOC and UNFCCC. Participation at e.g.,:
- UN Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) (CSD9, CSD14 and CSD15 in New York)
- UNFCCC (e.g., Exhibition and side event at COP 14, Poznan, 2008; and COP 15 Copenhagen
- Beijing International Renewable Energy Conference (BIREC 2005), Beijing, China
- Renewables'04, Bonn International Renewable Energy Conference, Bonn 2004
- WSSD, World Summit on Sustainable Development (Earth Summit 2002) in Johannesburg in 2002.
- Participation on EU Consultations, Press Releases.
- Organising European NGO Policy Seminars.
- Exhibition, participation at EU events, e.g., EU Green Week, Sustainable Energy Week. See more at INFORSE-Europe.
INFORSE was established in 1992 at the Global Forum, which was a parallel forum to the UNCED Conference so called Earth Summit. In 1998, INFORSE got consultative status to United Nation's ECOSOC. INFORSE is working through Regional Coordinators in Asia, Africa, Europe, Americas. The INFORSE Secretariat is in Denmark. In 2002, INFORSE-Europe was registered in Denmark as an NGO network working on European level.
- INFORSE's Presentation, Charter
- INFORSE's Vision 2050 - 100% Renewables
- INFORSE Contact Database
- INFORSE's EU Policy overview
- School resources
- European Success database
- Sustainable Energy News (SEN)
- INFORSE at CSD
- INFORSE at UNFCCC COP14
- INFORSE at UNFCCC COP15
- INFORSE at BIREC
- INFORSE at Renewables'04
- INFORSE Press releases
- INFORSE Seminars
- UN Database of NGOs with Consultative status