International Non-Binary People's Day
|International Non-Binary People's Day|
|Observed by||Non-binary community and supporters|
|Next time||14 July 2022|
|Related to||International Transgender Day of Visibility, International Men's Day, International Women's Day, Non-Binary Week|
International Non-Binary People's Day is observed each year on 14 July and is aimed at raising awareness and organising around the issues faced by non-binary people around the world. The day was first celebrated in 2012. The date was chosen for being precisely between International Men's Day and International Women's Day.
Most countries in the world do not recognize non-binary as a legal gender, meaning most non-binary people still have a gendered passport and official identification. Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and New Zealand include non-binary gender options on passports, and 23 US states plus Washington DC  allow residents to mark their gender as 'X' on their driving licence.
Non-Binary Awareness Week is the week starting on the Sunday or Monday preceding International Non-Binary People's Day on 14 July. This is a LGBTQ+ awareness period dedicated to those who do not fit within the traditional gender binary, i.e. those who do not exclusively identify as a man or a woman, or who may identify as both a man and a woman, or may fall outside of these categories altogether.
- Discrimination against non-binary people
- List of LGBT awareness periods
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Third-person pronoun
- Kacala, Alexander (14 July 2019). "International Non-Binary People's Day Celebrates Gender Non-Conforming People". Newsweek. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- Campaign, Human Rights. "Breaking Binaries this International Non-Binary Day". Human Rights Campaign. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "International Non-Binary People's Day". Public and Commercial Services Union. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- Jake (25 February 2020). "When is International Non-Binary Day in 2020?". www.thegayuk.com. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- Mathers, Charlie (13 July 2018). "Prepare for International Non-binary Day by learning how to be a better ally". Gay Star News. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "International Non-Binary People's Day 2020". Equality Policy Unit. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "X Gender Markers by State". Lambda Legal. 10 July 2021. Retrieved 10 July 2021.
- Proctor, Kate (13 July 2020). "Calls for 'X' gender option in UK passports to be raised in Commons". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Non-Binary Week 2020". Activist Bookshelf. 13 July 2020. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- "Non-Binary Week". Ygender. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- Abby Jones. "Happy Non-Binary Week: 9 Non-Binary and Genderqueer Indie Musicians You Need to Know". Pop Dust. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- "Non-Binary Awareness Week! (12th -18th July)". Rakshin Project. Retrieved 31 December 2020.