International Okinawan Gōjū-ryū Karate-dō Federation
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Purpose||Traditional Martial Art|
|Headquarters||IOGKF International Administrative Office|
|Website||International Okinawan Goju-ryu Karate-do Federation|
International Okinawan Gōjū-ryū Karate-dō Federation (IOGKF), also known as the International Federation of Karate-do Goju-ryu Okinawa, is an international martial art organization covering Gōjū-ryū karate. It was founded by Morio Higaonna (b. 1938) in July 1979. Higaonna is the founder and Chairman of the IOGKF International. The IOGKF is responsible for spreading the original Gōjū-ryū karate style of Okinawa throughout the world, following the teachings of Chojun Miyagi. In 2003, the IOGKF was estimated to have around 50,000 members in 45 countries.
- Honorary Chairman: Anichi Miyagi
- President of the IOGKF: Morio Higaonna
- IOGKF World Chief Instructor: Tetsuji Nakamura
- Technical Advisor and Headquarters Grading Panel: Bakkies Laubscher and Kazuo Terauchi
- IOGKF Chairman: Katsuya Yamashiro
- IOGKF Vice Chief Instructor: Ernie Molyneux and Henrik Larsen
- IOGKF Executive Committee and Headquarters Grading Panel: Ernie Molyneux, Henrik Larsen and Tetsuji Nakamura
- International Goju Ryu Karate Federation Retrieved on 16 February 2010.
- International Goju Ryu Karate Federation: History Retrieved on 16 February 2010.
- Sajnog, C. L. (2004): Fundamentals of freestyle Goju-Ryu. College Station, TX: VBW Publishing. (ISBN 1-58939-600-6)
- Sidney, J. (Ed.) (2003): The Warrior's Path: Wisdom from contemporary martial arts masters. Boston, MA: Shambhala Publications. (ISBN 978-1-590-30074-9)
- International Goju Ryu Karate Federation: IOGKF structure Retrieved on 16 February 2010.
|This article related to the martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|