International School (Buffalo, New York)
|International School 45|
141 Hoyt Street
|School board||Buffalo Board of Education|
|School district||Buffalo Public Schools|
|Principal||Lynn M. Piccirillo|
|Color(s)||Yellow and White|
|S.A.M. ||Kevin A. Garcia|
|Website||International School 45|
International School 45 is an elementary school in Buffalo, New York. It is located at 141 Hoyt Street and serves Grades PK through 6. The current principal is Ms. Lynn Piccirillo.
School 45 was constructed in 1889 to provide additional classrooms for the growing Upper West Side of Buffalo. The original address was 402 Auburn Avenue. An addition was constructed in 1924 to provide more space, before a new and larger building was built in 1971, connected to the 1924 addition. This new building caused the original building to be destroyed and the address to change to Hoyt Street.
Originally a community school, School 45 began to take in a large number of students from the city's West Side, which has a large immigrant population. The school housed Grades PK through 8, but due to overcrowding, the school's seventh and eighth graders began attending Lafayette High School beginning with the 2011-2012 school year.
Previous assignment and reason for departure denoted in parentheses
- Delmar Batchellor
- Benjamin L. Abel
- Helen Weis
- Natalie Truscott
- Cosimo Polino
- Lauren Watson
- Joseph Manzella
- Frances Palermo
- Dennis J. Welka–?-1993
- Marilyn Brock–1993-1997 (unknown, named Principal of Southside Elementary School)
- Colleen L. Carota–1997-2010 (Assistant Principal - School 45, named Principal of BUILD Academy)
- Nadia A. Nashir–2010-2013 (Assistant Principal - International School, named Acting Supervising Principal of Buffalo Public Schools)
- Debra Washington [interim]–2012-2013
*Denotes interim appointment
- School Administration Manager
- Weed, G. M. (2001). School days of yesterday: Buffalo public school history. (p. 59). Buffalo: Buffalo Standard Printing.
- Heaney, J. (1997, September 15). Schools use promotion to fill 11 principal slots. The Buffalo News, p. B5.
- Pasiack, M. B. (2010, November 12). Principals shifted to positions on central staff. The Buffalo News .
- Maggio, M. (2013, January 23). 01-23-13 Administrative Board Changes. Retrieved from http://notes2.buffalo.k12.ny.us/doc/BoardMee.nsf/bf25ab0f47ba5dd785256499006b15a4/abc552fd2b907fd485257b0a006193d2?OpenDocument