International School of Business and Media
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Private Business School|
|President||Dr. Pramod Kumar|
|Location||Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore, Gurgaon|
The ISB&M group established its first college at Pune in 2000 affiliated under P.T.U. Jallandhar, followed by Kolkata in 2004, Gurgaon in 2005 and Bangalore in 2005. Both the Pune and Bangalore campuses are fully residential, with the Kolkata campus to open a residential campus in 2016.
ISB&M features among top-ranked B-schools in India and received numerous international and national awards for academic excellence.
Post Graduate Programme
This is a two-year full-time postgraduate programme in management. It offers the following specializations and a five-month internship:
- Human Resource
- Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Media & Communication (Advertising, Corporate Communication & PR, Broadcast & Journalism, Media Production)
The Undergraduate Programme is a three-year full-time programme offered in both Management and Media streams. Both courses provide internships for students. The management programme also offers a certificate programme in Management.
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Financial Services Management
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Retail Management
The media course offers a niche media and communication programme with a management orientation, which prepares students for careers and further studies in:
- Public Relation
- Event Management
- Audio Visual Production
- Corporate Communication
- Still and Video Camera Handling
- Video Editing and Final Cut Pro
- Graphics and Designing
- Social Media Marketing
- Film and Documentary Making
- Short Film and Ad Film Making
School of Technology
ISB&M School of Technology is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, recognized by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) and affiliated to the University of Pune. It offers a four-year full-time Bachelor of Engineering degree in the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
The institute is a part of the Pune-Nande campus.
ISB&M has numerous cells which are essentially student driven and managed by the students but usually have a faculty member as a guide and mentor. Each Cell focuses on a different need or aspect of student life, thereby making the experience at ISB&M both richer and fuller.
The student body is headed by a President and Vice President from the student community who coordinate between the various cells to ensure the success of any campus activity. These can range from organizing placements and interacting with senior corporate professionals to organizing guest lectures, seminars and cultural events.
The student cells are as follows:
- Placement Assistance Cell
- Corporate Relation Cell
- Professional Development Cell
- Alumni Cell
- Digi-Eye Cell
- Technology Cell
- Lifestyle Cell
ISB&M has several events that are totally managed by students Council. This gives them rich experiences in planning, budgeting and managing events. They actively participate in all events across all campuses. Events are an integral part of a student's life not only for enjoyment but also to help develop their managerial skills, since they are the ones at the helm.
Orientation Programme for Freshers: The Orientation Progarmme is held when the new batch of students join the programme. Transformation of students begins with the Orientation programme which spreads over a week with an outbound progarmme on the last day.
HR Share: An annual 2-Day HR Conference is held, where industry leaders are invited to discuss and debate on emerging trends in Human Resource with futuristic and contemporary themes.
Chain Act: ISB&M hosts this Supply Chain Conference where eminent speakers from industry share their experiences on contemporary issues in Supply Chain Management.
Media Pulse: An annual media seminar organized at various cities of India by the students of ISB&M. This allows interaction between the students and the doyens of the media industry.
Annual Convocation: Annual convocation is held in each campus. During this solemn ceremony, certificates are awarded to successful students on completion of their programmes. Medals are given to outstanding performers of different programmes. The convocation speech and the keynote address are delivered by high-profile dignitaries.
FORZA: ISB&M celebrates its foundation day with Force, Zest and Attitude. It is held over two days, the 23rd and 24 July. Though this is held at the Nande Campus it is mandatory for all students, belonging to the ISB&M group, to attend. This event provides a wonderful opportunity for students to get to know those from other ISB&M campuses.
Crescendo: This is the annual cultural programme organized by the students of Pune-Nande campus. The 3-day festival includes various competitive events like quiz, dance, music, painting, innovative games and fashion show. On the last day of Crescendo, some prominent artist is invited to give a live performance.
- "Dr. Pramod Kumar, President, ISB&M Group" (PDF).
- Yadav, Sushmita (October 2011). "Great Students Make a Great Institution". The Human Factor. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "International School of Business and Media, India". WCRC Leaders. January 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- Yadav, Sushmita (November 2011). "Breeding Ground for New Age Professionals". The Human Factor. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Official Website of ISB&M". Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "India's Top B-School Brands: 2013". Business Barons.
- "ISB&M School of Technology".
- "Official Website of ISB&M SOT". Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "ISB&M: A Leading Institute". DNA. March 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2016.