International School of Business and Media
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Private Business School|
|President||Dr. Pramod Kumar|
|Location||Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore|
The ISB&M group established its first college at Viman Nagar, Pune in 2000, followed by Kolkata in 2004, Bangalore in 2005 and Nande, Pune in 2009. Both the Pune and Bangalore campuses are fully residential, with the Kolkata college to open a residential campus in 2017.
Post Graduate Programme
- Human Resource
- Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Media & Communication (Advertising, Corporate Communication & PR, Broadcast & Journalism, Media Production)
The Undergraduate Programme is a three-year full-time programme offered in both Management and Media streams. Both courses provide internships for students. The management programme also offers a certificate programme in Management.
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Financial Services Management
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Retail Management
The media course offers a niche media and communication programme with a management orientation, which prepares students for careers and further studies in:
- Public Relation
- Event Management
- Audio Visual Production
- Corporate Communication
- Still and Video Camera Handling
- Video Editing and Final Cut Pro
- Graphics and Designing
- Social Media Marketing
- Film and Documentary Making
- Short Film and Ad Film Making
ISB&M School of Technology Pune
ISB&M School of Technology is a part of the Pune-Nande campus. It is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, recognized by DTE and affiliated to the University of Pune. It offers a four-year full-time Bachelor of Engineering degree in the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Digital Automation & Robotics
(Optional Certificate Program)
ISB&M has numerous cells which are essentially student-driven and managed by the students but usually have a faculty member as a guide and mentor. Each cell focuses on a different need or aspect of student life.
The student body is headed by a President and Vice President from the student community who coordinate between the various cells to ensure the success of any campus activity. These can range from organizing placements and interacting with senior corporate professionals to organizing guest lectures, seminars and cultural events.
The student cells are as follows:
- Placement Assistance Cell
- Cultural Cell
- Corporate Relation Cell
- Professional Development Cell
- Alumni Cell
- Digi-Eye Cell
- Technology Cell
- Lifestyle Cell
The Student Council organizes several events, giving them experience in planning, budgeting and managing events. Events are an integral part of a student's life not only for enjoyment but also to help develop their managerial skills.
Orientation Programme for Freshers: A week-long programme for incoming students culminating in an outbound programme on the last day.
HR Share: An annual two-day HR conference where industry leaders are invited to discuss emerging trends in Human Resource.
Chain Act: A supply chain conference hosted by ISB&M where speakers from industry share their experiences on contemporary issues in Supply Chain Management.
Media Pulse: An annual media seminar organized in various cities of India by ISB&M students, permitting inreaction with people in the media industry.
Annual Convocation: A solemn ceremony held on each campus where students are awarded certificates on the successful completion of their programmes, medals are awarded to outstanding performers in each programme, and a convocation speech and keynote address are delivered by high-profile dignitaries.
FORZA: ISB&M celebrates its foundation day with Force, Zest and Attitude on 23–24 July. The event is held at the Nande Campus but attendance is mandatory for all students in the ISB&M group.
Crescendo: An annual three-day cultural programme organized by the students of the Pune-Nande campus, including quizzes, dance, music, painting, innovative games and a fashion show. On the last day, a prominent artist performs live.
- "Dr. Pramod Kumar, President, ISB&M Group" (PDF).
- Yadav, Sushmita (October 2011). "Great Students Make a Great Institution". The Human Factor. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "International School of Business and Media, India". WCRC Leaders. January 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- Yadav, Sushmita (November 2011). "Breeding Ground for New Age Professionals". The Human Factor. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Official Website of ISB&M". Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "India's Top B-School Brands: 2013". Business Barons.
- "Official Website of ISB&M SOT". Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "ISB&M School of Technology".
- "ISB&M: A Leading Institute". DNA. March 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2016.