International School of Choueifat
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International School of Choueifat (ISC) is a collection of international private schools run by the SABIS school system in various countries of the Middle East. The first International School of Choueifat was founded in Choueifat, Lebanon in 1886 and later expanded to various parts of the Persian Gulf region. The first Choueifat school in the Persian Gulf opened in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates in 1975 and subsequently others opened in other cities across the Middle East. Since 1983 the School has also had a branch at Ashwicke Hall on the old Roman Fosse Way near Bath in England, which is also used as a summer school where students can study and learn sports during the harsh summers in the Middle East. In 1985 a branch was opened at Minneapolis in the US.
The education of women has been an emphasis of the School since its inception. Prominent alumni include the educator Leila Saad and the novelist Emily Nasrallah. The school is academically strong and focuses on math and the English language.
List of schools in Middle East
- Choueifat, Lebanon
- Sharjah, U.A.E.
- Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Ajman, U.A.E.
- Al Ain, U.A.E.
- Ras al Khaimah, U.A.E.
- Dubai, U.A.E.
- Dubai Ivestments Park, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Umm al Quwain, U.A.E.
- International School of Choueifat – Lebanon, Koura, Lebanon
- El-Mtein, Lebanon
- Amman, Jordan
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Sulaimaniah, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Wadi, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Doha, Qatar
- Damascus, Syria
- Homs, Syria
- Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Muscat, Oman
- Adma, Lebanon
- Manama, Bahrain
- Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Dream City, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Sulaimani, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Kalar, Sulaimani, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Soran, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Zakho, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Abu Dhabi Khalifa City "A", U.A.E.
- Green Community, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Cairo, Egypt
- City of 6 October, Egypt
- International School of Choueifat, Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan
- SABIS International School - Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Holyoke Community Charter School - Holyoke Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Collegiate Charter School of Lowell - Lowell Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- SABIS International Charter School - Springfield, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- International Academy of Flint - Flint, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy - Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A.
- International Academy of Saginaw - Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.A.
- International Academy of Atlantic City Charter School - Pleasantville, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- International Academy of Trenton Charter School - Trenton, New Jersey, U.S.A. (charter revoked)
- Mt. Auburn International Academy - Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
- International School on the Rhine - Neuss, Germany
- Cambridge School of Bucharest - Bucharest, Romania
Public/Private Partnership Schools
- Sardam International School- Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Fakhir Mergasori International School - Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Sarwaran International School - Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Kala International School - Kalar, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Soran International School - Soran, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Suleimaniah International School - Suleimaniah, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Zakho International School - Zakho, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Military High School - Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Ruwais Private School - Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Military High School - Madinat Zayed, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Military High School - Al Dhaid, Sharjah, U.A.E.
- "ISC - Part of the SABIS network". SABIS. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- Cochran, Judith. "Leadership in the Middle East: The Story of Women in Lebanon". Middle East Institute. Retrieved 9 March 2011.