International School of the Sacred Heart
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|International School of the Sacred Heart (ISSH)|
|Hiroo, Shibuya, Tokyo
|Staff||(Office and Support) 30|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Athletics||Volleyball, Basketball, Track & Field, Cross Country, Tennis, Soccer, Netball|
|Accreditation||WASC & JCIS|
|Principal of Kindergarten/Junior School||Una O'Neill|
|Principal of Middle School||Margaret Griffiths|
|Principal of High School||Charmaine Young|
International School of the Sacred Heart (ISSH) is a Kindergarten(co-ed)- Grades 1-12(all girls) school in Tokyo, Japan, founded in 1908. As part of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools it is affiliated with schools and institutions in 44 countries. The International School of the Sacred Heart (ISSH) is a multicultural Catholic school. Kindergarten classes for 3, 4 and 5 year olds are for boys and girls, while grades 1-12 are for girls only. ISSH is located in Hiroo, Tokyo and was founded in 1908, belonging to a worldwide network of the Schools of the Sacred Heart.
The International School of the Sacred Heart in Tokyo is one of an international group of schools and colleges under the direction of the religious Society of the Sacred Heart.
Instruction at the school is in English, Languages including French and Japanese are offered. The testing program includes the PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test, the SAT, and the International Schools Assessment.
The activities program includes athletics, drama, music, as well as competition in sports, intellectual and artistic fields, mainly in the Kanto Plains Association of Schools.
Kindergarten and Junior School (Kindergarten-Grade 4)
The curriculum in the Kindergarten and Junior School (KG/JS) includes an integrated balanced literacy language arts program, (reading, writing, speaking, and listening), mathematics, science and social studies that are integrated through the International Primary Curriculum.
Middle School (Grades 5-8)
All Middle School students study English, mathematics, science, social studies, art, drama, foreign languages, music, personal and social education, physical education, pottery, and values. G
High School (Grades 9-12)
ISSH has a Creative and Performing Arts department as well as an extracurricular program where students can participate in sports, music, and drama. The ISSH diploma is granted to students who have earned a minimum of 22 credits and have successfully fulfilled all of the requirements.
- The Japan Council of International Schools Japan Council of International Schools (JCIS) 
- East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools (EARCOS)
- The Kantō Plains Association of Secondary School Principals (KPASSP)
- Japanese Ministry of Education (ISSH is a member of the Sacred Heart School Corporation, which is recognized by the Japanese Ministry of Education.)
- "Network of Sacred Heart International Schools". Archived from the original (.HTML) on 2007-09-04. Retrieved 2007-11-27.
- "International School of the Sacred Heart: Celebrating a Century of Learning", page 2. School Brochure, 2008
- "CIS Members Directory" (.HTML). Retrieved 2007-12-11.
- "East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools Member schools". Archived from the original (.HTML) on 2007-11-22. Retrieved 2007-12-11.
- "Sacred Heart Schools". Archived from the original (.HTML) on 2007-10-21. Retrieved 2007-12-11.