|International Soccer (Cup Final)|
Commodore 64 GS
|Mode(s)||One or two players|
International Soccer, also known as Cup Final, is a 1983 video game.
International Soccer is a soccer videogame for Commodore 64. It can be played by two players or one player against an AI opponent. Each team can select one of a number of colored shirts, and the AI opponent is graded into 9 different difficulty levels. The game itself is a relatively simple game of football - there is no offside rule and no possibility to foul opponents.
Each game is divided into two 200-second halves. There are no overtimes or shootouts. There are also six colors a person can choose from for play: red, yellow, blue, grey, white, and orange. The winning team is presented a gold trophy after the game by a girl in a blue dress and red ball in her hand.
Normally, the game is shown on color, but the game also has a gray-scale mode that is more suited for black-and-white television sets.
International Soccer was well received, gaining a Certificate of Merit in the category of "1984 Best Computer Sports Game" at the 5th annual Arkie Awards.:28 InfoWorld described International Soccer as Commodore's best competitor to the very successful Atarisoft games. The magazine wrote that the "mini masterpiece" was "surprisingly good, considering it's published by Commodore" (because "the normal standard for Commodore software is mediocrity"), praising gameplay and especially animation. Ahoy! wrote that International Soccer "is a pure action game, but, oh, what action!", praising the graphics and game-play.
- Kunkel, Bill; Katz, Arnie (February 1984). "Arcade Alley: The 1984 Arcade Awards, Part II". Video. Reese Communications. 7 (11): 28–29. ISSN 0147-8907.
- Mace, Scott (1984-04-09). "Atarisoft vs. Commodore". InfoWorld. p. 50. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Kunkel, Bill; Katz, Arnie (January 1986). "Calling Computer Coaches / Team Sports Simulations for the Commodore 64". Ahoy!. pp. 47–50. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- International Soccer at homepages.tesco.net/~parsonsp
- International Soccer at MobyGames
- Video of the game
|This association football video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|