International Tiger Day
|International Tiger Day|
|Next time||29 July 2019|
Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July. It was created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit. The goal of the day is to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation issues.
The seventh annual Global Tiger Day was celebrated in various ways around the world. Local events have been organized in Bangladesh, Nepal, and India as well as non-tiger-range countries such as England and the United States. Some celebrities also participated by removing their social media profile photos. WWF continued its promotion of the "Double Tigers" campaign through investing in rangers. Several companies partnered with WWF to help raise awareness.
More awareness in the entire world of tiger populations and the challenges for their conservationists. India counts the number of wild tigers every four year and show a promising rise from 1411 in 2006 to 2226 in 2014. According to WWF the world population in 2016 was ±3900. 
- Watts, Jonathan (24 November 2010). "World's first tiger summit ends with £330m pledged amid lingering doubts". The ..Guardian. London. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Vietnam observes International Tiger Day". Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "International Tiger Conservation Forum". Tiger Conservation Forum. Retrieved 1 September 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Independent, The. "Saving Our Tigers". Saving Our Tigers | theindependentbd.com. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- International Tiger Day
- "7th World Tiger Day to be marked on Saturday". The Himalayan Times. 2017-07-27. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Tiger Day to be held at Indira Gandhi Zoological Park today". The Hans India. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Yorkshire Wildlife Park prepares for Tiger Day". ITV News. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "International Tiger Day". Oregon Zoo. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "'Star Trek' Actor Says Earth's 4,000 Tigers Are Worth Saving". GOOD Magazine. 2017-07-17. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "WWF - Tiger Day". tigerday.panda.org. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "The world needs more tigers – News | .eco". News | .eco. 2017-07-28. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Age gate". 3890.tigerbeer.com (in us). Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- On International Tiger Day, Hopes Pinned For Tiger Population To Increase Anuj Pant on NDTV, 29 July 2018