International University in Geneva
|International University in Geneva|
|Latin: studium de rebus vertendis|
Motto in English
|provide the highest quality education for student success in business and related careers|
|Dean||Patrice Anne Nuq|
The International University in Geneva (IUG), founded in 1997, is a private business school  registered as a not-for-profit Swiss foundation of higher education and located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Founded with the aim of providing a multicutural education, it has the status of a not-for-profit Swiss Private Foundation. Its first president was David Williamson (former president of DuPont). IUG's mission is to "provide the highest quality education for student success in business and related careers" in "cooperation with the international business community". The International Herald Tribune called IUG one of "the most international of Switzerland's university level institutions".
IUG counts 270 students.
The International University in Geneva offers an undergraduate and graduate programs such as bachelor's and master's degrees in several disciplines, including international relations, media and communications, computer science, business administration, international business, and international trade.
The International University in Geneva has both institutional accreditation and program accreditation. The International University in Geneva is accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC) as an Independent Higher Education Institution. The British Accreditation Council (BAC) is referenced with the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR). Programs are accredited by the ACBSP which is recognized by the CHEA, and by IACBE. Accredited programs are the MBA, the master of Media & Communication, the MIB, the master of International Trade, the master of International Relations & Diplomacy as well as bachelor programs in Business Administration, International Relations and Media & Communication.
Faculty members have earned degrees at London Business School, Cranfield, HLS, IMD, INSEAD, Sorbonne, Berkeley, and work at United Nations agencies, NGOs, and other multinational companies.
Guest speakers and honorary doctors for the graduation ceremony have included Adolf Ogi, Queen Noor of Jordan, Sir Peter Alexander Ustinov, Bertrand Piccard, Edward de Bono, Daniel Borel, Albert II, Prince of Monaco, Patrick Odier, Sepp Blatter, Werner Geissler from Procter & Gamble, and former IOC Director General François Carrard.
IUG has developed educational affiliation agreements for study-abroad in Europe including ESIC Madrid in Spain, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Helsinki in Finland, Institut Supérieur du Commerce Paris in France and Yeditepe University Istanbul in Turkey.
IUG developed educational affiliation agreements for study-abroad in North and South America including Tulane in New Orleans, IUP in Pennsylvania, MIIS in California, UConn in Connecticut, Champlain College in Vermont, Anahuac University in Mexico City, Universidad Externado de Colombia in Colombia and Universidad de San Ignacio de Loyola in Peru.
- Handbook of Universities 2013, UNESCO
- "International University in Geneva - Undergraduate profile". Top universities.
- "International University in Geneva". Universities Handbook.
- "International University in Geneva". ASIPES. 2014.
- "A history of reinvention". Swiss Style. 2016.
- "International Geneva Yearbook". Google Books. 2002–2003.
- "IUG Brochure 2015-17".
- Mary Krienke, "International Education in Switzerland", International Herald Tribune, 29–30 March 2003
- "Member schools Swiss federation of Private Schools". Swiss-schools.
- "International University in Geneva". Mastersportal.
- "World Ranking Guide". World ranking.
- "International Relationships - Institutions". Plymouth.
- "ACBSP Accredited members". ACBSP.
- "IACBE" (PDF). IACBE.
- "CRUS Recognized or Accredited Swiss Higher Education Institutions". CRUS.
- "Eduniversal programs rankings 2016/2017". Eduniversal-ranking.
- "Zoominfo Eric Willumsen". Zoominfo.
- "Full Member". Club of Rome.
- "Prince Albert 2 of Monaco, awarded an Honorary Doctorate IUG". Divainternational.
- "Top Swiss University in International Business Education IUG". Petersons.
- "Les formations internationales en Suisse". Studyrama.
- "International Network". IUN.