International Vegetarian Union
|Motto||"Bringing veg'ns together worldwide since 1908"|
|Founded at||Dresden, Germany|
|Purpose||Promotion of vegetarianism|
The ruling body from IVU is the International Council, and the members who form it are unpaid volunteers elected by the Member Societies at each World Vegetarian Congress.
Member organizations may be continental groups (EVU, VUNA, NAVS, etc.), local or other regional vegetarian organizations whose primary purpose is the promotion of vegetarianism and the support of vegetarian living (e.g. EarthSave).
The IVU also encourages regional and national organizations to run vegetarian festivals, such as the 43rd World VegFest in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia, on 25 October 2015 and the hundreds of currently organized vegetarian festivals on many continents.
- Asian Pacific Vegan Union (APVU) (formerly known as Asia Pacific Vegetarian Union)
- European Vegetarian Union (founded in 1988)
- Vegetarian Union of North America (preceded by the American Vegetarian Union 1949–1970s and the North American Vegetarian Society 1974–1987)
- South American Vegetarian Union
- Southeast Asian Vegetarian Union
- List of vegetarian festivals
- List of vegetarian organizations
- Vegetarianism by country
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Puskar-Pasewicz, Margaret, ed. (2010). Cultural Encyclopedia of Vegetarianism. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO. p. 137. ISBN 978-0-313-37557-6.
- "IVU Welt-Vegetarier-Kongress 1908". International Vegetarian Union. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- Dia mundial dels veganisme 01/11/2005 Vilaweb (in Catalan)
- Monday 8 UK 8 November 2004 Financial Times
- "Vegetarian Union of North America". International Vegetarian Union. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- "NAVS Programs". North American Vegetarian Society. Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- "IVU World Vegfest in Australia". IVU World VegFest. 19 May 2015. Archived from the original on 11 June 2016. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- The American Vegetarian Union