(Redirected from International news channels)
This is a list of international news channels, categorised by continent.
International news Channel networks with channels in several languages
|Network||English||Mandarin Chinese||Hindi||Spanish||French||Standard Arabic||Bengali||Russian||Tamil||Other|
|Euronews||+||-||-||+||+||+||-||+||-||Albanian, Georgian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Serbian|
|CGTN (China)||CGTN, CGTN America, CGTN Africa, CGTN Europe||-||-||CGTN Spanish||CGTN French||CGTN Arabic||-||CGTN Russian||-||-|
|PB-DD (India)||DD India and DD Nagaland||-||DD News||-||-||DD Bangla||-||DD Podhigai||DD Urdu in Urdu , DD Assam for Assamese|
|DW (Germany)||DW english||-||-||DW español||-||DW arabic||-||DW на русском||-||News bulletins in numerous languages aired by foreign networks|
|IRIB (Iran)||Press TV||-||-||HispanTV||PressTV Français||Al-Alam||-||-||-||Sahar TV (Azeri)|
|France 24||France 24 in english||-||-||France 24 en español||France 24||France 24 Arabic عربي||-||-||-||-|
|CNN (US)||CNN International, CNNj, CNN Philippines, CNN-News18 (India)||-||-||CNN en Español, CNN Chile, CNN Venezuela, CNN Mexico||-||CNN ARABIC
|-||-||-||CNN Indonesia (Indonesian), CNN Brasil (Brazilian Portuguese), CNN Portugal (Portuguese), CNN Türk (Turkish), CNN Prima News (Czech)|
|RT (Russia)||RT International, RT America, RT UK||Planned||-||RT Spanish||RT Français||RT Arabic||-||-||-||RT DE (German)|
|BBC (UK)||BBC World News||-||BBC News Hindi||-||-||BBC Arabic Television||-||News bulletin for Dozhd TV channel||News bulletins in Urdu, Pashto and other languages and BBC Persian|
|i24NEWS (Israel)||i24NEWS english||-||-||Weekly Spanish news bulletin at i24NEWS English||i24NEWS français||i24NEWS Arabic||-||-||-|
|TRT (Turkey)||TRT World||-||-||-||-||TRT Al Arabiya||-||TRT Russian||TRT Avaz (Bosnian and various Turkic languages with subtitles in Turkish), TRT Türk, TRT Deutsch|
|Al Jazeera (Qatar)||Al Jazeera English||-||-||-||-||Al Jazeera||-||-||Al Jazeera Balkans (Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian); Al Jazeera Urdu (launch cancelled); Al Jazeera Türk (launch cancelled)|
|Sky News (UK)||Sky News, Sky News Australia||-||-||-||-||Sky News Arabia||-||-||-||Sky TG24 (Italian)|
|Africanews||Africanews||-||-||-||Africanews (en français)||-||-||-||-||Planned: Swahili, Portuguese|
|Telesur (Venezuela)||Web-based channel||-||-||Telesur||-||-||-||-||-||Produces news bulletins in Portuguese which were aired by Brazilian and Lusophone African TV networks|
|CNBC (US)||CNBC, CNBC Africa, CNBC Europe, CNBC Latin America, CNBC World, CNBC TV18, CNBC Asia||-||CNBC Awaaz (Hindi)||-||-||CNBC Arabiya||-||-||CNBC tamilian||Class CNBC (Italian), Nikkei CNBC (Japanese), SBS-CNBC (Korean), CNBC Indonesia (Indonesian), CNBC Malaya, CNBC Bangles, CNBC Bajar (Gujarati), CNBC Kurdish (Kurmanci and Sorani); discontinued: TVN CNBC (Polish), CNBC-e (discontinued)|
|Zee Media Corporation (India)||WION||-||Zee News, Zee Hindustan||-||-||-||Zee 24 Ghanta||-||Zee Tamil News||Zee Salaam in Urdu, Zee 24 Taas in Marathi language, Zee 24 Kalak in Gujarati language, Zee telugu news in Telugu language, Zee Odisha in Odia language, Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal in Punjabi language|
|CNC World (China)||CNC World||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|TVP (Poland)||TVP World||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Belsat TV (Belarusian)|
|Republic news (India)||Republic TV||-||Republic Bharat TV||-||-||-||Republic Bangla||-||-|
Other news channels aimed specifically at international audience
- Georgia: PIK was a Caucasus-focused news channel broadcasting in Russian in 2010-2012.
- Japan: NHK World-Japan (English).
- Lebanon: Al Mayadeen is an Arabic channel associated with Syria's president Bashar al-Assad. Al-Manar is a Hezbollah-affiliated Arabic news channel. Al Jadeed also brands itself as a pan-Arab channel.
- South Korea: Arirang (English).
- Philippines: ANC is a 24-hour Philippine-based English-language cable channel owned by ABS-CBN, the largest media conglomerate in the country aimed at businessmen and Filipinos working abroad.
- Saudi Arabia: Al Arabiya is a Saudi-owned UAE-based pan-Arab television news channel.
- Ukraine: Jewish News One (2011-2014) was a privately owned Ukrainian news channel aimed at international Jewish audience, broadcasting in English and Russian. After the start of the war in Donbas the channel was rebranded as Ukraine Today with exclusively English programming. It ceased operations in 2017. Government-managed UATV started test broadcasts in October 2015; as of 2017 it produced news bulletins in English, Arabic, Russian, Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian. Non-profit Hromadske.TV runs its English programs as Hromadske International.
- US: Voice of America offers TV programming in numerous languages available online and aired as blocks by foreign networks. CurrentTime TV is a joint effort by VOA and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty to produce a 24/7 TV service in Russian. Alhurra is an Arabic-language state-funded satellite TV news channel. TV Martí is another American governmental TV service, broadcasting for Cuba in Spanish. Bloomberg Television is a privately owned international business news channel. Its Indonesian version Bloomberg TV Indonesia was functioning in 2013-2015.
- Pan-African: Africa 24, Presse Africaine, Africable (French), A24 news channel, Arise News, Africa Independent Television, TVC News (English).
- Portugal: RTP África is a pay television channel aimed at the Portuguese-speaking African countries, owned by the public broadcasting organisation of Portugal (RTP).
- RTVI is a channel oriented at Russian-speaking audiences worldwide, but unavailable in Russia.
- NTDTV is an international channel affiliated with Falun Gong new religious movement.
- Zee News is an Indian Hindi-language news channel owned by the Essel Group.
News/generalist channels aimed at citizens and relevant language audiences abroad
Most of these are spin-offs of domestic channels, rearranged and refurbished for international broadcasting. All in respective national languages.
- Argentina: Telefe Internacional
- Australia: ABC Australia
- Austria: ORF 2 Europe
- Brazil: TV Brasil Internacional, Globo Internacional, RecordTV Internacional, Band Internacional
- Bulgaria: BNT 4
- Chile: TV Chile
- China: CCTV-4, Phoenix North America Chinese Channel
- Croatia: RTL Croatia World
- Cuba: Cubavision International
- Egypt: Nile TV International
- Finland: TV Finland
- France, francophone Canada, Belgium, Switzerland: TV5Monde
- Germany: Arte, Welt
- Greece: ERT World
- Hungary: Duna World
- India: DD India
- Indonesia: TVRI World
- Italy: Rai Italia, Mediaset Italia
- Japan: NHK World Premium
- Kazakhstan: Kazakh TV
- South Korea: KBS World
- Lithuania: LRT Lituanica
- Macedonia: MRT Sat
- Malaysia: Bernama TV
- Moldova: TV Moldova Internațional
- Montenegro: TVCG Sat
- Netherlands, Flanders: BVN
- Pakistan: PTV Global
- Philippines: The Filipino Channel, GMA Pinoy TV, Kapatid Channel
- Poland: TVP Polonia, Polsat 2, Polsat 1, TVN International
- Puerto Rico: Telemundo Internacional
- Portugal: RTP Internacional, TVI Internacional, SIC Internacional
- Romania: TVRi
- Russia: RTR-Planeta
- Serbia: RTS Svet
- Spain: TVE Internacional, ETB Sat, TV3CAT
- Sweden: SVT World, 1988-2017
- Ukraine: 1+1 International
- UK: British Forces Broadcasting Service (for army and navy abroad)
- US: American Forces Network (for army and navy abroad)
- Vietnam: VTV4
By annual budget
|Voice of America||USA||$355.87 million||2015|
|Deutsche Welle||Germany||$320 million||2010|||
|France 24||France||$123 million||2010|||
|BBC World News||United Kingdom||$80 million||2016|||
- Anne Geniets (2013-12-13). The Global News Challenge: Market Strategies of International Broadcasting Organizations in Developing Countries. Routledge. p. 77. ISBN 978-1-136-18012-5.
- "BBC Financial Statement 2016" (PDF). 2016.