International Airport railway station, Sydney
Station in September
|Location||Qantas Drive, Mascot|
|Owned by||Airport Link Company|
|Operated by||Airport Link Company|
|Distance||8.10 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||21 May 2000|
International Airport station opened on 21 May 2000 when the Airport line opened from Central to Wolli Creek. Like other stations on the line, International Airport was built and is operated by the Airport Link Company as part of a public–private partnership.
As part of the contract to build the line, an access fee is levied to recover the costs of building the line. Although often perceived as all going to the Airport Link Company, under the revenue sharing agreement, from August 2014 85% of revenues raised by the access fee go to the State Government.
Platforms & services
|1||All stations services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||All stations services to Kingsgrove, Revesby, Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
Sydney Buses operate one route via International Airport station:
- International Terminal Station NSWrail.net
- Train fares to fall at two stations Sydney Morning Herald 2 March 2011
- Removing or reducing station access fees at Sydney Airport NSW Parliament 28 February 2014
- "T2: Airport line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 400 and 410 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 29 April 2013.