International Airport railway station, Sydney
International Airport station in 2007
|Location||Qantas Drive, Mascot, New South Wales|
|Owned by||Airport Link Company|
|Operated by||Airport Link Company|
|Distance||8.10 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||21 May 2000|
|Passengers (2013)||2,930 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
International Airport is a train station located on the Airport Link, serving Terminal 1 at Sydney Airport, Australia. Terminals 2 and 3 are served by Domestic Airport station. The line is operated by Sydney Trains with T8 Airport & South line services.
International Airport station opened on 21 May 2000 when the Airport Link opened from Central to Wolli Creek. Like other stations on the line, International Airport was built and is operated by the Airport Link Company as part of a public–private partnership.
As part of the contract to build the line, an access fee is levied to recover the costs of building the line. Although often perceived as all going to the Airport Link Company, under the revenue sharing agreement, from August 2014 85% of revenues raised by the access fee go to the State Government.
Platforms & services
|1||All stations services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||All stations services to Kingsgrove, Revesby, Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
State Transit operate one route via International Airport station:
Transit Systems operate one route via International Airport station:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- International Terminal Station NSWrail.net
- Train fares to fall at two stations Sydney Morning Herald 2 March 2011
- Removing or reducing station access fees at Sydney Airport NSW Parliament 28 February 2014
- "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 400". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 420". Transport for NSW.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to International Airport railway station, Sydney.|