International rankings of Costa Rica
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of key international rankings of Costa Rica
- Press Freedom Index 2017 ranked 6 out of 180
- Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index 2016 ranked 41 out of 176
- Economist Intelligence Unit Where-to-be-born Index 2013 ranked 30 out of 80 countries and territories
- (1) Worldwide ranking among countries evaluated. See notes (3) and (4) also
- (2) Ranking among the 20 Latin American countries (Puerto Rico is not included).
- (3) Ranking among 108 developing countries with available data only.
- (4) Ranking among 71 developing countries with available data only. Countries in the sample suveyed between 1990-2005. Refers to population below income poverty line as define by the World Bank's $2 per day indicator
- (5) Because the Gini coefficient used for the ranking corresponds to different years depending of the country, and the underlying household surveys differ in method and in the type of data collected, the distribution data are not strictly comparable across countries. The ranking therefore is only a proxy for reference purposes.
- (6) The Human Opportunity Index study was performed by the World Bank among 19 countries in the Latin American and the Caribbean region, where statistics and census information is most reliable. Therefore, it is a regional index and there is no worldwide ranking available.
- (7) The Life Satisfaction Index study was performed by the Inter-American Development Bank among 24 countries in the Latin American and the Caribbean region, based on IDB calculations based on Gallup World Poll 2006 - 2007 and World Development Indicators. Therefore, it is a regional index.
- Global Competitiveness Report 2014-2015 Competitiveness Rankings
- Corruption Perceptions Index  Corruption Perceptions Index 2016 accessed 2017/08/20
- "Global Peace Index". Vision of Humanity.
- Economist Intelligence Unit 2013 Where-to-be-born Index
- Irene Rodríguez (2012-06-14). "Costa Rica es nuevamente el país más feliz del mundo, según índice 'Happy Planet'" [Costa Rica once again the happiest nation of the world, according to the Happy Planet Index]. La Nación (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2013-05-04. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Yale Center for Environmental Law & Policy / Center for International Earth Science Information Network at Columbia University. "2010 Environmental Performance Index". Retrieved 2010-01-27.
- UNPD Human Development Report 2007/2008. "Table 3: Human poverty index: developing countries" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-02-26. Retrieved 2008-03-20. page 240
- UNPD Human Development Report 2007/2008. "Table 3: Human poverty index: developing countries" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-02-26. Retrieved 2008-03-20. page 238-240
- The Economist Intelligence Unit. "Democracy Index 2010: Democracy in retreat" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit et al. (Vision of Humanity website). "Global Peace Index 2010". Archived from the original on 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- Reporters Without Borders. "Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2010". Archived from the original on 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- Legatum Institute. "The 2010 Legatum Prosperity Index: Costa Rica". Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit. "Pocket World in Figures 2008" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-03-13.
- Newsweek. "The World's Best Countries". Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit. "Business environment rankings (2009-13)". Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- Transparency International. "Corruption Perception Index 2010: Results by Country". Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- Jennifer Blanke and Thea Chiesa, Editors (2011). "Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2011" (PDF). World Economic Forum, Geneva, Switzerland. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- Soumitra Dutta and Irene Mia (2011). "The Global Information Technology Report 2010–2011 - Transformations 2.0" (PDF). World Economic Forum, Geneva, Switzerland. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal. "Index of Economic Freedom World Rankings 2010". Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- "The Global Competitiveness Index 2011-2012 rankings" (PDF). World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- UNDP Human Development Report 2011. "Table 1: Human development index and its components" (PDF). UNDP. Retrieved 2011-11-05. See pp. 128
- UNPD Human Development Report 2007/2008. "Inequality in income or expenditure". Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- World Bank Human Opportunity Index. "Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Inter-American Development Bank. "Faster Economic Growth Hurts Life Satisfaction in Latin America and the Caribbean". Retrieved 2008-11-23.