International rankings of the United States
- World Economic Forum 2018–2019 Global Competitiveness Report, ranked 2 out of 141 countries
- World Economic Forum 2016 Global Enabling Trade Report ranked 22
- The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal 2018 Index of Economic Freedom ranked 17 out of 178 economies
- Fraser Institute Economic Freedom of the World 2019 Annual Report (Economic Freedom Ratings for 2017) ranked 5 out of 152 countries and territories 
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development 2015 Programme for International Student Assessment, ranked 40 of 72 in mathematics, 25 of 72 in science, 24 of 72 in reading
Among wealthy nations, a study on 2016 data found the United States ranked first for child deaths by automobile accident and firearm, with overall child mortality 57% higher in the U.S. than other high-income countries. Though traffic deaths were decreasing, they were 5 times the rate in England and Wales; firearms deaths were increasing from a rate 100 times that in England and Wales.
- Transparency International 2019 Corruption Perceptions Index: ranked 23 out of 198 countries
- Reporters Without Borders 2020 Press Freedom Index: ranked 45 out of 180 countries
- Economist Intelligence Unit 2019 Democracy Index: ranked 25 out of 167 countries
- World Justice Project 2020 Rule of Law Index ranked 21 out of 128 countries and jurisdictions
Standard of Living
- List of countries by Human Development Index: ranked 13 out of 189 countries for 2018
- List of countries by inequality-adjusted HDI: ranked 25 out of 151 countries for 2018
- World Economic Forum weforum.org 2014–2015 Global Competitiveness Report
- World Economic Forum 2014 Global Enabling Trade Report
- The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal 2020 Index of Economic Freedom (XLS)
- "Open PISA". openpisa.org. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- "Study: Kids More Likely To Die From Cars And Guns In U.S. Than Elsewhere". NPR.org. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- "Country Comparison: Life Expectancy at Birth". The World Factbook. CIA.
- "2015Global Peace Index" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- Transparency International 2019 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Reporters Without Borders 2020 Press Freedom Index
- Economist Intelligence Unit 
- "WJP Rule of Law Index® 2018-2019". data.worldjusticeproject.org. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
|This United States–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|