Internet Advertising Bureau
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB UK) is a trade association for online and mobile advertising in the United Kingdom, founded in 1997. It promotes growth and best practice for advertisers, agencies, and media owners.
Richard Eyre has been the Chairman of IAB UK since March 2003. In 2013 he was awarded the Advertising Association's Mackintosh Medal. In January 2014 he was appointed a CBE for services to advertising and the media in the New Years Honours.
Spend & Audience Benchmarking
The IAB PwC Digital Adspend study has tracked the growth of the online and mobile advertising industry since 1997. In 2016, it was reported that adspend on mobile display had overtaken that on PC for the first time.
The IAB works with UKOM on establishing the industry-approved standard for online audience measurement.
The IAB holds two flagship events, Mobile Engage and Engage, in addition to research breakfasts, workshops, seminars, and other conferences throughout the year. In 2013, the IAB’s Engage event won an award for In House Event of the Year at the UK Event Awards. In 2014, Mobile Engage won Corporate Event of the Year at the same awards.
In May 2015 it was announced that it would be the last ever Mobile Engage. From 2016 there will be an annual Leadership Summit bringing together senior industry leaders for discussions.
The IAB also has a training department educating advertisers, publishers, and agency talent on many aspects of digital.
The IAB established a regulatory department in 2008 with the appointment of Nick Stringer to help members develop best practice guidelines and participate in policy dialogues with the Government, the EU, and consumer groups.
Councils & Working Groups
IAB members participate in councils and working groups covering online disciplines; these councils help guide and deliver IAB initiatives.
- Ridley, Louise (11 April 2013). "AA honours Eyre with Mackintosh Medal". Campaign. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Watkins, James (31 December 2013). "TV and advertising boss appointed CBE in honours list". Get Surrey. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "IAB appoints Guy Phillipson as CEO". Econsultancy. 4 January 2005. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Gwynn, Simon (5 January 2017). "IAB UK promotes Jon Mew to CEO". Campaign.
- Power, Rachael (12 October 2016). "Mobile display ad spend overtakes PC and tablet for first time, IAB says". Marketing Tech.
- Lepitak, Stephen (17 May 2012). "Google, Twitter, Financial Times, MediaCom, Coca-Cola: Insight from the IAB Mobile Engage Conference". The Drum. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Kotecha, Amit (29 October 2013). "Reflections on IAB Engage". Marketing Blogged. Archived from the original on 3 March 2014.
- "UK Event Awards". The Drum. 7 December 2013. Archived from the original on 7 December 2013.
- "IAB UK bids farewell to flagship Mobile Engage event". www.iabuk.net. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Pinkerfield, Hayley (22 January 2008). "IAB appoints Orange man for new regulatory role". Campaign. Retrieved 23 July 2016.