Internet Advertising Bureau
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB UK) is the trade association for online and mobile advertising in the United Kingdom, founded in 1997. It promotes growth and best practice for advertisers, agencies and media owners and creates the right environment for digital advertising to thrive.
Richard Eyre has been the Chairman of IAB UK since March 2003. In 2013 he was awarded the Mackintosh Medal. In January 2014 he was appointed a CBE for services to advertising and the media in the New Years Honours.
Spend & Audience Benchmarking
The IAB PwC Digital Adspend study has tracked the explosive growth of the online and mobile advertising industry since 1997. In 2016, it was reported that adspend on mobile display had overtaken that on PC for the first time.
The IAB works with UKOM on establishing the industry-approved standard for online audience measurement.
The IAB's flagship events Mobile Engage and Engage unite thought leaders in mobile and digital, in addition to research breakfasts, workshops, seminars, and other conferences throughout the year. In 2013, the IAB’s Engage event won an award for In House Event of the Year at the UK Event Awards. In 2014, Mobile Engage won Corporate Event of the Year at the same awards.
In May 2015 it was announced that it would be the last ever Mobile Engage, illustrating the increasing importance of mobile in the digital landscape. From 2016 there will be an annual Leadership Summit bringing together senior industry leaders for thought provoking and challenging discussions.
The IAB also has a dedicated training department educating advertisers, publishers and agency talent on all aspects of digital.
The IAB established a dedicated regulatory department in 2008 with the appointment of Nick Stringer to help members develop best practice guidelines and participate in policy dialogues with the Government, the EU and consumer groups.
Councils & Working Groups
IAB members participate in numerous councils and working groups covering every online discipline; these councils help guide and deliver IAB initiatives.
- Ridley, Louise (11 April 2013). "AA honours Eyre with Mackintosh Medal". Campaign. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Watkins, James (31 December 2013). "TV and advertising boss appointed CBE in honours list". Get Surrey. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "IAB appoints Guy Phillipson as CEO". Econsultancy. 4 January 2005. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Lepitak, Stephen (17 May 2012). "Google, Twitter, Financial Times, MediaCom, Coca-Cola: Insight from the IAB Mobile Engage Conference". The Drum. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Kotecha, Amit (29 October 2013). "Reflections on IAB Engage". Marketing Blogged. Archived from the original on 3 March 2014.
- "UK Event Awards". The Drum. 7 December 2013. Archived from the original on 7 December 2013.
- "IAB UK bids farewell to flagship Mobile Engage event". www.iabuk.net. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Pinkerfield, Hayley (22 January 2008). "IAB appoints Orange man for new regulatory role". Campaign. Retrieved 23 July 2016.