Internet Download Manager
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
IDM downloading an ESET NOD32 Antivirus installation file
6.31 Build 3 / 9 July 2018
|Operating system||Windows Vista and later|
Internet download manager (IDM) is a tool to manage and schedule downloads. It can utilize full bandwidth. It has recovery and resume capabilities to restore the interrupted downloads due to lost connection, network issues, and power outages.
IDM supports a wide range of proxy servers such as firewall, FTP, and HTTP protocols, redirected cookies, MP3 audio and MPEG video processing. It efficiently collaborates with Opera, Avant Browser, AOL, MSN Explorer, Netscape, MyIE2, and other popular browsers to manage the download.
- Divides downloads into multiple streams for faster downloading
- Batch downloads
- Import/Export download jobs
- Auto/manual updating of download address
- Multiple queues
- Recent downloads list for easy access to directories
- Video downloading from streaming video sites.
- Dynamic segmentation throughout the downloading process.
- Protocols: HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, MMS and Microsoft ISA
- Authentication protocols: Basic, NTLM, and Kerberos allowing for storage and auto-authentication of user names and passwords.
- IDM supports the following web browsers: Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape Navigator, Apple Safari, Flock, Google Chrome, Firefox, and many others.
In CNET's review, IDM received a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars with CNET concluding "Internet Download Manager gives you the tools to download many types of files from the Internet and organize them as you see fit. You can categorize each file as you download it, and then access all downloads right from the app's main interface".
Softpedia gave IDM a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars with the editor stating in his review that "Internet Download Manager is a must have application for many users out there". An extended review has been done by Softpedia on March 2014, giving the software 4 of 5 stars.
- "Internet Download Manager News".
- "Download Free Software & Apps - Full Version & Reviews". Downloadwab. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Download FLV Videos from Video Sites with IDM plugin". Archived from the original on 25 April 2009. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Internet Download Manager – Free Trial Download – Explore Win". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Internet Download Manager Features". Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Internet Download Manager - CNET Download.com". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Download Internet Download Manager 6.12 Beta 2 / 6.11 Build 8 Free Trial – Schedule, resume and accelerate downloads by up to 5 times with this very good accelerator – Softpedia". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Internet Download Manager 6.19 Extended Review – Softpedia". Retrieved 4 March 2014.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|