Internet Party of Ukraine
Internet Party of Ukraine
Інтернет Партія України
|Founded||February 24, 2009|
|Colours||Green and White|
Its headquarters is located in Odessa, Ukraine.
Founded and led by Dmytro Holubov (Russian: Dmitry Golubov) the party claims to be the first Internet party in the world, its slogan is "electronic government against bureaucracy" and it wants to "create an electronic government in Ukraine".
The party was formed between 2006 and 2007, by the alleged Ukrainian hacker, Dmytro Holubov. The founding congress was held on October 1, 2007. On March 1, 2009 in a hotel complex "Magnolia" in Odessa, was held the first official congress of the party.
The vice-president of the Union of Advocates of Ukraine Petro Boyko and Denys Hrihoryev, world champion from Thai boxing in super-heavyweight are also founding members.
In the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election the party competed in/for 1 constituency (seat); but it lost in this one and thus missed parliamentary representation. In the 2014 Ukrainian presidential elections the party tried to nominate a man named Darth Vader; but his registration was refused because his real identity could not be verified. A man named Darth Vader was a candidate at the 25 May 2014 Kiev mayoral election and the Odessa mayoral election of the same day for the party. In the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election the party let Darth Vader along other Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca, Padmé Amidala, and Yoda run for seats in the Ukrainian parliament. In the election the party failed to clear the 5% election threshold (it got 0.36% of the votes) and also did not win a constituency seat and thus no parliamentary seats.
On 23 October 2015, a group of Internet Party members, along with their leader, participated in the opening ceremony of the monument to Darth Vader, which was modified as a part of decommunization process by artist Aleksandr Milov from a statue of Vladimir Lenin at the territory of Pressmash plant in Odessa.
The political power tends to create attractive investment conditions in Ukraine and reach a new level of economic development and technology, its purpose is:
- Computerization of the entire country
- Elimination of bureaucracy in its negative sense
- Transition to digital media and away from paperwork
- Free PC courses and foreign languages for all citizens of Ukraine due to budget
- Seven taxes instead of 98
- Single income tax of 25%
- Abolition of VAT
- Ban on sale of GMO products in Ukraine
- Establishment of offshore zones in Ukraine
- Withdrawal from the FATF
- (Ukrainian)Завтра в Києві "хрещений батько хакерської мафії" представить свою партію ІПУ, Novynar (February 23, 2009)
- Justice Ministry registers Internet Party of Ukraine, Kyiv Post (April 6, 2010)
- Events by themes: Press-conference «Presentation of first in the world the Internet of party is an electronic government against bureaucracy», UNIAN photo service (February 24, 2009)
- (Ukrainian) Candidates, RBC Ukraine
- Party of Regions gets 185 seats in Ukrainian parliament, Batkivschyna 101 - CEC, Interfax-Ukraine (12 November 2012)
- Man named Darth Vader files documents to be registered as presidential candidate in Ukraine, Interfax-Ukraine (29 March 2014)
- Ukraine’s Darth Vader presidency bid rejected Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine., Euronews (4 April 2014)
- (Ukrainian) Odessa registered as a candidate for mayor of Odessa Darth Vader, RBC Ukraine (1 May 2014)
- (Ukrainian) Darth Vader goes to the mayor of Kyiv, Korrespondent.net (1 May 2014)
- Darth Vader Is Running for Prime Minister of Ukraine, Vowing to Take On Putin, Newsweek (10/24/14)
- Poroshenko Bloc to have greatest number of seats in parliament Archived 2014-11-10 at the Wayback Machine., Ukrainian Television and Radio (8 November 2014)
People's Front 0.33% ahead of Poroshenko Bloc with all ballots counted in Ukraine elections - CEC Archived 2014-11-12 at the Wayback Machine., Interfax-Ukraine (8 November 2014)
Poroshenko Bloc to get 132 seats in parliament - CEC, Interfax-Ukraine (8 November 2014)
- Ross Logan (October 24, 2015). "Lenin monument replaced with Darth Vader statue after Ukraine bans all Soviet memorabilia". Daily Mirror. Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- "Lenin statue in Ukraine’s Odessa turned into Darth Vader". Russian News Agency TASS. October 22, 2015. Retrieved February 8, 2016.