Interrupt This Program
|Interrupt This Program|
|Also known as||Resilient Cities|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||18|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Noble Television|
|Original network||CBC Television|
|Original release||November 6, 2015|
A five-part documentary series about the role of art as a tool of political protest and social change, each episode centres on the creative community in a world city recovering from some form of social crisis, such as war, disaster or political upheaval. The episodes are set in Beirut, Kiev, Athens, Port-au-Prince and Medellin. Each episode profiles several young artists working in the city, including at least one expatriate Canadian. The series aims to change perceptions about the cities and allow artists to tell their own stories.
- "CBC-TV Unveils Fall Schedule". Broadcaster, September 16, 2015.
- Link TV | Resilient Cities https://www.linktv.org/shows/resilient-cities
- "Upfronts 2015: CBC unveils new arts initiative, series". Playback, May 28, 2015.
- "About Interrupt This Program". CBC Arts. CBC. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- Berry, David (4 November 2015). "Interrupt This Program proves the impulse to create is 'tightly woven into the fabric of humanity'". National Post. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|