From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interstitial cell refers to any cell that lies between other cells.
- Interstitial cell of Cajal (ICC)
- Leydig cells, cells present in the male testes responsible for the production of androgen (male sex hormone)
- A portion of the stroma of ovary
- Certain cells in the pineal gland
- Renal interstitial cells
- neuroglial cells
- Kaissling B, Hegyi I, Loffing J, Le Hir M (April 1996). "Morphology of interstitial cells in the healthy kidney". Anat. Embryol. 193 (4): 303–18. doi:10.1007/bf00186688. PMID 8694267.
|This anatomy article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|