Into the Flames
|Into the Flames|
Promotional poster for Into the Flames
|Also known as||Into the Fire|
Jung Sung-hee |
|Directed by||Kim Sang-rae|
Choi Soo-jong |
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Executive producer(s)||Choi Byung-hwa|
Jung Hoe-seok |
|Running time||Fridays and Saturdays at 23:00 (KST)|
|Production company(s)||Kangho Production|
|Original network||TV Chosun|
|Original release||April 25– June 28, 2014|
|Preceded by||Bride of the Century|
Into the Flames (Hangul: 불꽃 속으로; RR: Bulkkot Sogeuro) is a 2014 South Korean television series. It aired on cable channel TV Chosun on Fridays and Saturdays at 23:00 for 20 episodes from April 25 to June 28, 2014.
Based on the life of Park Tae-joon, founder and honorary chairman of multinational steel-making company POSCO, this is the story of the people who battled poverty and despair after the colonial era and the Korean War with a relentless pursuit of economic innovation, and the choices they made in the name of love, loyalty and sacrifice. Park worked tirelessly to build a mill that produced steel, which became pivotal to Korea's modernization.
- Choi Soo-jong as Park Tae-hyung
- Ryu Jin as Shin Dae-chul
- Yoon Hong-bin as young Shin Dae-chul
- Son Tae-young as Kumiko
- Kim Ye-won as young Kumiko
- Lee In-hye as Jang Ok-sun
- Choi Cheol-ho as Choi Jong-ho
- Dokgo Young-jae as the President
- Jung Ho-bin as Alan Kissinger
- Yeongil Bay Steel Mill
- Hong Il-kwon as Hwang Joon-suk
- Park Sang-myun as Park Jong-yeol
- Lee Ki-chan as Ahn Seung-joo
- Kim Jin-keun as Kim Byung-hoon
- Lee Won-seok as Yeon Bong-chool
- Gong Jeong-hwan as Jung Sang-ho
- Lee Jong-soo as Kim Sang-chul
- Lee Jeong-yong as Choi Dal-ho
- Choi Kyu-hwan as Chae Ki-joo
- Hong Ah-reum as Ha Cheo-soon
- Shinsekai Trading Company
- Lee Chul-min as Takeda
- Kim Hyun-joon as young Takeda
- Go Myung-hwan as Abe
- Kim Min-ho as young Abe
- Extended cast
- Lee Young-hoo as Yasuoka
- Jeon Soo-kyung as Yang Hwa-ja
- Cho Young-seo Mrs. Seoul
- Hyun Suk as Tae-hyung's father
- Kim Min-kyung as Tae-hyung's mother
- Park Yong-soo as Kohei
- Jung Myung-hwan as Yamamoto
- Lee, Sun-min (4 January 2014). "Posco story coming to TV". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Kim, Gwang-kuk (9 April 2014). 고(故) 최태준 일대기 그린 ‘불꽃 속으로’, 역사 논란 피해갈까. TenAsia (in Korean). Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Kang, Seung-woo (13 December 2011). "Steel King Park Tae-joon dies". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Childs, Martin (22 December 2011). "Park Tae-Joon: Steel magnate who transformed South Korean fortunes". The Independent. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Choi Su-jong headlines cable period drama Into the Fire". Dramabeans. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Cho, Hye-gyung; Seo, Ji-eun (16 June 2012). "Posco's Park to be subject of 24-part TV series". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Into The Fire TV Chosun Finalized Featuring The Late Park Tae Jun". KDramaStars. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
|This television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|