Into the Nightlife
|"Into the Nightlife"|
|Single by Cyndi Lauper|
|from the album Bring Ya to the Brink|
|Released||August 8, 2008|
|Format||Digital download, airplay|
|Writer(s)||Cyndi Lauper, Peer Åström, Johan Bobäck, Max Martin|
|Producer(s)||Cyndi Lauper, Peer Åström, Johan Bobäck|
|Cyndi Lauper singles chronology|
"Into the Nightlife" is a 2008 song written by Cyndi Lauper, Peer Åström, Johan Bobäck and Max Martin, and produced by Lauper, Åström and Bobäck, for Lauper's tenth studio album Bring Ya to the Brink. It peaked at #1 on the U.S Billboard Hot Dance Club Play and on the Cashbox Top Dance Singles. It became Lauper's first Australian chart single in fourteen years.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Lauper says that the song title was inspired by Henry Miller's book Into the Night Life that inspired Lawrence Ferlinghetti's A Coney Island of the Mind, which inspired her to describe the images of nightlife in New York City.
The single was released to UK radio stations early September 2008. As of August 2008, the song has sold 16,000 downloads in the U.S. It has had over 250,000 plays on the Last.fm by more than 31.000 users.
The music video for the song which was directed by Lauper herself and produced by 44 Productions was partly filmed at Splash Bar in New York City on 20 May 2008. Fans were invited to come be extras in the video.
Ministry Of Sound: Annual 2009
The song appears on the annual collection of dance songs Ministry Of Sound released in 2009. "Into The Nightlife (Soul Seekers Club Mix)" is the third song of the album in the disc one, following by[clarification needed] Katy Perry's 2008 hit, "I Kissed a Girl".
- Album version – 4:00
- Jody Den Broeder Club Mix – 7:19
- Jody Den Broeder Dub – 7:49
- Jody Den Broeder Mixshow – 5:08
- Jody Den Broeder Radio Mix – 4:03
- Soul Seekerz Dub – 7:41
- Soul Seekerz Radio Mix – 3:52
- Soul Seekerz Vocal Club Mix – 7:41
- Johnny Pinkfinger vs Mihell Remix - 7:36#
- Freedomebunch Mix - 7:46#
- From the floor remixes album
|Australian Singles Chart||82|
|Spanish Singles Chart||94|
|UK Singles Chart||168|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Airplay||5|
|United Kingdom||September 22, 2008||Paid download, airplay|
|United States||August 8, 2008||Paid download|
- - CASHBOX Magazine Top Dance Singles
- "Cyndi Lauper Premieres Brand New Song". ArjanWrites Music Blog. 2008-05-20. Retrieved 2008-05-21.
- "Be in the "Into the Nightlife" Video!". Cyndi Lauper Source. 2008-05-14. Archived from the original on 2008-05-19. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- Ministry Sound America Annual 2009, 2012.
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Chart Log UK 1994-2010 DJ Steve L. – LZ Love". Dipl.-Bibl.(FH) Tobias Zywietz. Retrieved 2015-09-24.
"I Decided" by Solange
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
August 30, 2008
"Closer" by Ne-Yo