This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public (NYSE: IL)|
|Industry||Virtual data rooms, Cloud Collaboration|
|Headquarters||New York, NY, USA|
|Ronald Hovsepian, President & CEO|
Number of employees
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: IL), founded in 1996, is a global technology provider of inter-enterprise content management and collaboration solutions. Its products serve the enterprise collaboration and strategic transaction markets, enablings the exchange, control, and management of information between organizations. 
In 1996, John Muldoon and Mark Adams founded Intralinks. Major banks began using its product for loan syndication in 1997. In 2002, the firm created the world’s first virtual data room (VDR), enabling businesses to share information during the due diligence process in a secure space. In 2004, companies completed over $5 trillion in syndicated loan transactions with its products. Intralinks was acquired by TA Associates in 2007, and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2010. In 2011, Ron Hovsepian, previously CEO of Novell, Inc. joined Intralinks as Chief Executive Officer, President and Director.. Under his leadership, Intralinks developed Intralinks VIA and Intralinks DealNexus.
Intralinks claims that more than 2.7 million professionals at 988 of the Fortune 1000 companies use their products.
Initial Public Offering
The company's initial public offering of stock on the NYSE occurred on August 6, 2010. Its initial price range is $14–$16, but the stock priced at $13. The company sold 11,000,000 shares and raised $146M. The lead underwriter were Deutsche Bank AG and Credit Suisse Group. The firm had approximately $152M in debt at the time of the IPO and expects to use the vast majority of the returns from the offering to repay its obligations.
The company has 570 employees worldwide and its global headquarters are in New York City. In 2013 Intralinks launched morethanavdr  a website that specifically targets investment bank strategic advisors, legal advisors and corporate advisors.
On April 23, 2014, Intralinks acquired docTrackr, a document security company. docTrackr’s information rights management (IRM) technology enables users to protect and track PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents wherever those files are stored or shared. docTrackr combines analytics, audit trails and policy management of all document activities in a plug-in free deployment.
Released in April 2013, Intralinks VIA enables users to share information outside of the network firewall. VIA encrypts every file shared within the platform and allows users to designate permissions. With the proper permission, users can download documents and collaborate freely together. VIA also includes an UNshare feature allowing admins to withdraw information at any time, with an encryption that corrupts the files (and any copies) sent or saved. In January 2014, Intralinks announced a new version of its Intralinks VIA product, Intralinks VIA Enterprise, which supports complete content lifecycle management for the extended enterprise. It also has Intralinks Dealspace.
In 2013, Intralinks acquired PE-Nexus and MergerID. Each of these offered clients a platform to find partners for mergers and acquisitions. Intralinks merged the two firms and renamed the newly created platform DealNexus, the largest global deal sourcing network. DealNexus’ client portfolio offers businesses a network to find partners. Once engaging in a deal, the Intralinks VDR allows parties to conduct due diligence.
Intralinks maintains its corporate headquarters on the east side of Manhattan in New York City. Other offices include: Boston, San Francisco, São Paulo, London, Milan, Frankfurt, Hong Kong and Sydney.
- "News + Press Coverage - Intralinks".
- "IntraLinks Holdings, Inc. (Public, NYSE:IL)". Google Finance. 2010-09-09. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- New York Times, Business Day http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/intralinks-holdings-inc/
- Intralinks Company Overview http://www.intralinks.com/about-us
- "Our History - Intralinks". IntraLinks. 2009-06-12. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- "IntraLinks IPO Opens Flat, Trades Down >IL". Wall Street Journal. 2010-08-06. Retrieved 2010-09-09.[dead link]
- Wall St. Journal - Intralinks Beats Out Box to Acquire docTrackr http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/04/24/intralinks-beats-out-box-to-acquire-doctrackr/
- "Secure File Sharing for Business: Intralinks VIA® - Intralinks".
- Business2Community - Intralinks VIA Review http://www.business2community.com/mobile-apps/intralinks-via-review-share-large-files-securely-0619240
- "IntraLinks Steps Up To The Plate - Because The World Needs Another File Sharing Offering, Right?". Forbes. 10 January 2014.
- "Virtual Data Room for M&A deals - Intralinks Dealspace®".
- CrunchBase - Intralinks DealNexus http://www.crunchbase.com/company/intralinks-dealnexus
- Intralinks Locations http://www.intralinks.com/contact/locations
- IntraLinks S-1 SEC Filing