|George Kellgren, Carlos Garcia|
Intratec began as Interdynamic USA, an offshoot of Swedish firearms manufacturer Interdynamic AB. Due to the lack of firearm market in Sweden, Interdynamic AB set up a subsidiary in the United States to sell the KG-9. Called Interdynamic USA, this company eventually became Intratec when George Kellgren left the company and Carlos Garcia renamed it Intratec, and continued to sell variants of KG-99 which was renamed to Tec-9. The company went out of business in 2001.
Intratec was known for numerous handgun designs using polymer frames and steel stampings.
Designed by famed Israeli gun designer Nehemiah Sirkis, the CAT-9, CAT-380, CAT-40, and CAT-45 pistols are polymer-framed semi-automatic handguns chambered in 9mm Parabellum, .380 Auto, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP, respectively. The design is a derivative of Sirkis' original all-steel Sardius SD-9 pistol.
The TEC-9 is the third version of this gun made and marketed by one of the original principle partners that produced this style of 9mm pistol first as the open bolt semi automatic KG-9 and then as the closed bolt semi automatic KG-99. The TEC-9 name was applied when the Kellgren and Garcia partnership ended and Carlos Garcia went solo as Intratec of Miami, FL.
- Hogg, Ian V.; Walter, John (29 August 2004). Pistols of the World. David & Charles. p. 176. ISBN 0-87349-460-1.
- Perline, Irvin H.; Goldschmidt, Jona (2004). The Psychology and Law of Workplace Violence: A Handbook for Mental Health Professionals and Employers. Charles C Thomas Publisher. p. 198. ISBN 978-0-398-07432-6.
- Brown, Peter Harry; Abel, Daniel G. (15 June 2010). Outgunned: Up Against the NRA-- The First Complete Insider Account of the Battle Over Gun Control. New York: Simon and Schuster. pp. 92–98. ISBN 978-1-4516-0353-8.
- Traister, John (1999). Gun Trader's Guide (22 ed.). Stoeger Publishing Company. p. 106. ISBN 978-0-88317-212-4.
- Shideler, Dan (2005). Gun Digest Book of Semi-Auto Pistols. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 119. ISBN 0-89689-174-7.
- Walker, Robert E. (21 March 2013). Cartridges and Firearm Identification. CRC Press. p. 452. ISBN 978-1-4665-8881-3.
- "INTRATEC U.S.A., INC. DERRINGERS TEC-38 DERRINGER". Retrieved March 2, 2017.