Introducing Lee Morgan
|Introducing Lee Morgan|
|Studio album by Lee Morgan With Hank Mobley's Quintet|
|Recorded||November 5 & 7, 1956
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ
|Genre||Jazz, Hard Bop|
|Lee Morgan With Hank Mobley's Quintet chronology|
Introducing Lee Morgan is an album by jazz trumpeter Lee Morgan with Hank Mobley's quintet released on the Savoy label. It was recorded on November 5 and 7, 1956, and features performances by Morgan with Hank Mobley, Hank Jones, Doug Watkins and Art Taylor.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 3½ stars, stating: "At the time Morgan (who was just 17) was very much under the musical influence of Clifford Brown although a bit of his own personality was starting to shine through".
- "Hank's Shout" (Mobley) - 7:03
- "Nostalgia" (Navarro) - 8:53
- "Bet" (Watkins) - 7:56
- "Softly, As in a Morning Sunrise" (Hammerstein, Romberg) - 2:29
- "P.S. I Love You" (Jenkins, Mercer) - 4:22
- "Easy Living" (Rainger, Robin) - 2:49
- "That's All" (Alan Brandt, Haymes) - 2:43
Recorded on November 5 (1, 3-7) and 7 (#2), 1956.
- Lee Morgan - trumpet
- Hank Mobley - tenor saxophone
- Hank Jones - piano
- Doug Watkins - bass
- Art Taylor - drums
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed November 16, 2011.