Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!|
Final official promotional poster
|Based on||Invader Zim|
by Jhonen Vasquez
|Story by||Jhonen Vasquez|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Jhonen Vasquez|
|Running time||71 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Animation Studio|
Viacom Media Networks
|Picture format||1080p (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||August 16, 2019|
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus! is an upcoming animated American film written by Jhonen Vasquez, Breehn Burns and Gary Wilson, and directed by Vasquez and Jake Wyatt. It is based on the animated television series Invader Zim, which was created by Vasquez and originally aired on Nickelodeon and later Nicktoons from 2001 to 2006. It is slated for release on August 16, 2019 on Netflix.
When Zim suddenly reappears to begin Phase 2 of his evil alien plan to conquer Earth, his longtime nemesis Dib sets out to unmask him once and for all.
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Zim
- Rosearik Rikki Simons as GIR
- Andy Berman as Dib Membrane
- Melissa Fahn as Gaz Membrane
- Rodger Bumpass as Professor Membrane
- Wally Wingert as Almighty Tallest Red
- Kevin McDonald as Almighty Tallest Purple
- Jhonen Vasquez as Zim's Computer
- Olivia d'Abo as Tak
- Paul Greenberg as Poonchy
On November 8, 2016, Harvey Beaks and Chowder creator C. H. Greenblatt was asked by a fan on Tumblr if he would work with Jhonen Vasquez on an hypothetical Invader Zim movie, and Greenblatt responded, "Jhonen IS making an Invader Zim movie for Nick. I'm not a part of it, but I'm excited." However, Jhonen initially denied this on his Twitter, most likely because he was under contract to not say anything at the time and was forced to dismiss it as a "rumor".
On April 4, 2017, over sixteen years since the series' debut and eleven years since the last "unaired" episode premiered in the United States, Nickelodeon announced that they had green-lit a 71-minute television film based on the series.
At San Diego Comic-Con 2018, Jhonen explains that Nickelodeon had been asking him about doing more Invader Zim for years and that he always had to decline their offers either because he was busy working on something else or due to not being able to come to an agreement with Nickelodeon on a budget for a Invader Zim revival; but being "completely miserable" with the other things he was working on at the time, Jhonen accepted Nickelodeon's latest offer to do more Invader Zim. Nickelodeon initially wanted a new Invader Zim television series, but Jhonen suggested a six-episode miniseries instead. He soon changed his mind to a television film, since doing a film would be "infinitely less stressful".
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus! had a panel at San Diego Comic-Con on July 20, 2018; during the panel, some never-before-seen production art such as backgrounds and turn-around charts for the film were revealed. A trailer put together out of unedited first take animation for the film was also shown at the panel accompanied by some original music composed for the trailer by Kevin Manthei. During the panel, Jhonen explained that he put the trailer together out of some random animated footage he had for the film that he thought looked presentable enough to show people and that most of the shots used in the trailer were going to be sent back overseas to be re-animated.
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus! is produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio in collaboration with Maven Animation Studio in South Korea. During the Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus! panel at San Diego Comic-Con on July 20, 2018, Jhonen revealed that they had written the film in 2015 and that at the time of the panel, they were currently in the process of getting first take animation back from their overseas animation team, Maven Animation Studio.
Jhonen Vasquez will be returning as executive producer and as the voice of Zim's computer, along with Kevin Manthei as the composer, and Jenny Goldberg, who worked on the Invader Zim comic book series, will be the art director for the film. Most of the cast members from the television series will be reprising their roles in the film, including Richard Steven Horvitz as Zim, Rosearik Rikki Simons as GIR, Andy Berman as Dib, Melissa Fahn as Gaz, Wally Wingert as Almighty Tallest Red, Kevin McDonald as Almighty Tallest Purple, Rodger Bumpass as Professor Membrane, Olivia d'Abo as Tak and Paul Greenberg as Poonchy.
Breehn Burns, the supervising producer for the film, confirmed on his Twitter account that production on Enter the Florpus! officially wrapped on January 17, 2019. On February 1, 2019, Nickelodeon held a cast-and-crew-exclusive screening of Enter the Florpus!.
On May 10, 2019, Viacom president Robert Bakish revealed in a conference call that Netflix has acquired the distribution rights to both Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling and Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!.
On July 23, 2019, Netflix released a clip of the special with the release date shown. The movie was announced to be released on August 16, 2019.
- "Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!". Netflix.
- Hughes, William (May 11, 2019). "Netflix to run new Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim movies". The A.V. Club. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "You asked for it, so we're delivering a fresh order of doom right to your doorstep. Zim is back". Twitter. @NetflixNX. 23 July 2019.
- "Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus | Netflix Official Site". www.netflix.com. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- Amidi, Amid (8 November 2016). "Nickelodeon Is Making An 'Invader Zim' Movie (UPDATED)". Cartoon Brew.
- "Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus Full Panel Comic Con 2018 Nick". Nickelodeon.
- "The Darkest Thing Invader Zim Ever Got Away With - Comic Con 2018". IGN. 20 July 2018.
- Terry Flores (4 April 2017). "'Invader Zim' Aims to Conquer Earth Again in Nickelodeon Animated TV Movie". Variety. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Trumbore, Dave (July 2018). "Nickelodeon's 'INVADER ZIM: Enter the Florpus' Revealed in the First Teaser". Collider.
- @breehn (17 January 2019). "This sticky note has been on my monitor at Nickelodeon for over a year, and today it's coming down. Tomorrow, the Invader ZIM TV Movie is wrapped" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @JhonenV (1 February 2019). "Images from last night's cast and crew screening of ENTER THE FLORPUS. Well done, cast and crew, for surviving this production of mine. You win THIS time....BUT I WON'T FAIL NEXT AGAIN" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @RichardHorvitz (1 February 2019). "Did I just attend a cast and crew screening of a certain EPIC!!!! TV movie?....maaaaayyybeee!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @kevinmanthei (1 February 2019). "All good things come to an end. The cast and crew screening of #invaderzimentertheflorpus was last night and it was epic. Epic and funny really. There are jokes nearly every 5 seconds and invaderzim fans will..." (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Hughes, William (11 May 2019). "Netflix to run new Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim movies". The A.V. Club.
- Moore, Kasey, (11 May 2019). "Netflix picks up 'Rocko' & 'Invader Zim' Nickelodeon Movies". What’s on Netflix.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "You Asked for It, So We're Delivering a Fresh Order of Doom Right to Your Doorstep - Zim Is Back". The Futon Critic. July 23, 2019.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus!|