|Directed by||Hugo Santiago|
|Written by||Adolfo Bioy Casares
Jorge Luis Borges
Juan Carlos Paz
|Music by||Edgardo Canton|
|Edited by||Oscar Montauti|
|Distributed by||Proartel S.A.|
|October 16, 1969|
A group of men commanded by an older man attempts to stop an invasion to the city of Aquilea. The invaders are common men who defend the city, ignored by the people in general, but with the development of the film it is understood that the invasion is absolute and impossible to define. The defeat of the defenders is evident from the beginning, as in the "Trojan War".
- Don Porfirio, played by Juan Carlos Paz: He is the head of the defenders. He calls one by one, giving them the instructions, but he also has other plans.
- Julián Herrera, played by Lautaro Murúa: Commands the men who fight the invaders. Flat Hero, without visible emotions, almost the prototype of the Borgean compadrito.
- Irene, played by Olga Zubarry: Herrera's wife, has a double life, and the discovery of this double life was the final surprise of the film.
Part of the film was shot in the Boca Juniors stadium.
Some negative rolls were lost during the Argentinian dictatorship. The film was restored in France in the 1990s using the surviving negatives and lower-quality positives.
|This section may be confusing or unclear to readers. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- The city: The story speaks of Buenos Aires, calling it Aquilea.
- El Eternauta: The invaders arrive to Buenos Aires, defended by a dispersed group, that knows that the defense is impossible, and the final victory of the invaders by their large number was used in the comic strip El Eternauta of Héctor Germán Oesterheld of 1957.
- The Trojan War: The epic of the defeated begins to Iliad.
- Alphaville, a New Wave black-and-white film featuring men in trench-coats traveling around a city.
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article related to an Argentine film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|