|Developer(s)||CERN Document Server Software Consortium|
2.1.1 / September 1, 2015
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows |
|Type||Institutional repository, Digital library|
Invenio is an open source software library management package that provides the tools for management of digital assets in an institutional repository. The software is typically used for open access repositories for scholarly and/or published digital content and as a digital library.
Invenio is developed by the CERN Document Server Software Consortium and is freely available for download.
The service provider TIND Technologies, an official CERN spin-off based in Norway, offers Invenio via a software-as-a-service model.
Invenio is widely used outside of its original home within CERN, including SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Fermilab, and the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. SPIRES migrated to INVENIO in October 2011 with the INSPIRE-HEP site, a joint effort of CERN, DESY, SLAC and FNAL.
The package was recently chosen to be the digital library software of all national universities in the western Africa regional economic community UEMOA which includes eight countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Togo.
- Atlantis Institute of Fictive Science (30 Oct 2014). "Details of my implementation of Invenio on Windows OS (tested on IIS 7 & 8)". Eric, G. Retrieved 30 Oct 2014.
- CERN Document Server Software Consortium (30 June 2006). "NEWS - CDS Invenio v0.90.0". invenio-software.com. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- CERN Document Server Software Consortium. "About Invenio". invenio-software.com. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- Bibliothèques numériques : logiciels et plateformes / Tosca consultants ; étude réalisée par Mathieu Andro, Emmanuelle Asselin, Marc Maisonneuve. - Paris : ADBS Éditions, 2012. - 1 vol. (351 p.) ; 24 cm. - ISBN 978-2-84365-140-3 http://www.adbs.fr/bibliotheques-numeriques-logiciels-et-plateformes-114632.htm?RH=R1_GUIDESOUTILS
- "A SPIN-OFF COMPANY HELPS TO UNLOCK THE FULL POTENTIAL OF INVENIO SOFTWARE", Issue No. 45-46/2015 - Monday 2 November 2015, CERN Bulletin
- Rezendes Khirallah, Diane (24 May 2012). "Physicists, start your searches: INSPIRE database now online". symmetry: dimensions of particle physics.
- "A virtual library for 8 UEMOA countries under discussion in Dakar". UNESCO. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Demo site running Invenio on Windows
- Demo and Production sites running Invenio
- Short description about some of the features of Invenio
- Service provider for Invenio support, installation, training, etc
|This database software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|