|Developer(s)||CERN Document Server Software Consortium|
|Stable release||2.1.0 / June 16, 2015|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows |
|Type||Institutional repository, Digital library|
Invenio is an open source software package that provides the tools for management of digital assets in an institutional repository. The software is typically used for open access repositories for scholarly and/or published digital content and as a digital library. Invenio is developed by the CERN Document Server Software Consortium, and is freely available for download. Free and paid support models are available. The service provider TIND Technologies was established in 2013 to accommodate the growing demand for support of Invenio. The package was also recently chosen to be the digital library software of all national universities in the western Africa regional economic community UEMOA which includes 8 countries : Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Togo .
Prior to July 1, 2006 the package was named CDSware. Since the release of version 0.90.0 in 2006, the software has been renamed CDS Invenio. Nowadays the software is known under the name Invenio. SPIRES, the first database on the Web in 1991, migrated to INVENIO in October 2011 with the INSPIRE-HEP site, a joint effort of CERN, DESY, SLAC and FNAL. Invenio complies with standards such as the Open Archives Initiative metadata harvesting protocol (OAI-PMH) and uses MARC 21 as its underlying bibliographic format.
- Atlantis Institute of Fictive Science (30 Oct 2014). "Details of my implementation of Invenio on Windows OS (tested on IIS 7 & 8)". Eric, G. Retrieved 30 Oct 2014.
- "A virtual library for 8 UEMOA countries under discussion in Dakar". UNESCO. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- CERN Document Server Software Consortium (30 June 2006). "NEWS - CDS Invenio v0.90.0". invenio-software.com. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- CERN Document Server Software Consortium. "About Invenio". invenio-software.com. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- Rezendes Khirallah, Diane (24 May 2012). "Physicists, start your searches: INSPIRE database now online". symmetry: dimensions of particle physics.
- Bibliothèques numériques : logiciels et plateformes / Tosca consultants ; étude réalisée par Mathieu Andro, Emmanuelle Asselin, Marc Maisonneuve. - Paris : ADBS Éditions, 2012. - 1 vol. (351 p.) ; 24 cm. - ISBN 978-2-84365-140-3 http://www.adbs.fr/bibliotheques-numeriques-logiciels-et-plateformes-114632.htm?RH=R1_GUIDESOUTILS
- Demo site running Invenio on Windows
- Demo and Production sites running Invenio
- Short description about some of the features of Invenio
- Service provider for Invenio support, installation, training, etc
|This database software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|