Invensys Rail Group
Invensys Rail Group was a division of Invensys, a UK-based multinational engineering company. It was a designer, manufacturer and integrator of railway equipment, including automation, signalling and controls. The group was headquartered in Chippenham, Wiltshire, and as of 2005[update], had over 2750 employees in 14 locations internationally. It operated through four companies:
- Invensys Rail Dimetronic (Spain, Portugal and Latin America);
- Westinghouse Rail Systems (UK); and
- Invensys Rail Systems Australia incorporating Westinghouse Signals Australia and Foxboro Transportation, now known collectively as WRSA (Westinghouse Rail Systems Australia).
The other part of Westinghouse Brake and Signal Company, Westinghouse Brakes Ltd, was sold by Invensys to Knorr-Bremse, and has since left the Chippenham site to set up in the nearby town of Melksham.
- Invensys investor relations news release, 25 April 2000 Invensys Sells Westinghouse Brakes to Knorr-Bremse. Retrieved from the Internet Archive on 30 March 2008.
- Railwail gazette, Sale of Invensys rail to Siemens AG.
- Official website
- Rail lines: Tracking developments in rail systems – group blog
|This England rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|