Inverness Highlands North, Florida
|Inverness Highlands North, Florida|
Location in Citrus County and the state of Florida
|• Total||1.9 sq mi (5.0 km2)|
|• Land||1.9 sq mi (4.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|• Density||1,272/sq mi (491.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Inverness Highlands North is located in eastern Citrus County at  up against the northwest corner of the city of Inverness, the county seat. The CDP is bordered to the north by Hernando and to the northwest by Citrus Hills. State Road 44 forms the southern edge of the CDP, leading east into Inverness and west 14 miles (23 km) to Crystal River.(28.864238, -82.377723),
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.9 square miles (5.0 km2), of which 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.2 km2), or 3.11%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,470 people, 616 households, and 434 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 766.8 people per square mile (295.6/km²). There were 665 housing units at an average density of 346.9/sq mi (133.7/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.77% White, 6.05% African American, 0.07% Native American, 0.27% Asian, 0.14% from other races, and 1.70% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.59% of the population.
There were 616 households out of which 26.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.1% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.5% were non-families. 25.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.39 and the average family size was 2.80.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 22.4% under the age of 18, 6.7% from 18 to 24, 24.3% from 25 to 44, 23.0% from 45 to 64, and 23.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 89.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 83.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $27,128, and the median income for a family was $28,821. Males had a median income of $30,263 versus $21,161 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $12,818. About 13.1% of families and 14.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.0% of those under age 18 and 12.4% of those age 65 or over.
The CDP is served by Citrus County Schools. Elementary schools serving sections of the CDP include Hernando and Pleasant Grove. All residents are zoned to Inverness Middle School, and Citrus High School.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Inverness Highlands North CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Inverness Highlands North CDP, FL." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on February 3, 2017. Compare this map to the attendance boundary maps of the school district.
- "Citrus County Elementary School Attendance Boundaries." Citrus County Schools. Retrieved on February 2, 2017.
- "Citrus County Middle School Attendance Boundaries." Citrus County Schools. Retrieved on February 2, 2017.
- "Citrus County High School Attendance Boundaries." Citrus County Schools. Retrieved on February 2, 2017.