Investigation Discovery Europe
|Launched||January 2009 (United Kingdom and Ireland)
April 2009 (Poland, Romania, Hungary and Greece)
May 2009 (Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro)
June 28, 2009 (Poland)
August 2009 (Baltics)
July 4, 2011 (Netherlands and Flanders)
|Network||Discovery Networks Northern Europe
Discovery Networks CEEMEA
|Owned by||Discovery Networks EMEA (Discovery Communications)|
|Picture format||16:9 SDTV
3.6% (+1) (September 2015 , BARB)
Dubbed: Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Russian and Turkish
|Replaced||Discovery Travel & Living (Netherlands and Flanders)
TVN Lingua (Poland)
|Sister channel(s)||Animal Planet
Discovery Home & Health
Discovery Travel & Living Europe
Discovery Travel & Living Italy
DMAX Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Liechtenstein
DMAX United Kingdom & Ireland
Real Time Italy
TLC UK and Ireland
|Timeshift service||Investigation Discovery +1|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 522
Channel 551 (+1)
|CanalDigitaal (Netherlands)||Channel 51|
|N (Poland)||Channel 136|
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|Digitalb (Albania)||Channel 80|
|Virgin Media Ireland||Channel 504|
|YouSee (Denmark)||Channel 149|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 123 (HD)|
|CAIW (Netherlands)||Channel 113|
|Kabel Noord (Netherlands)||Channel 253|
|Delta NV (Netherlands)||Channel 351|
|CAI Harderwijk (Netherlands)||Channel 136|
|Stichting Kabelnet Veendam (Netherlands)||Channel 77|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 170
Channel 171 (+1)
|Glashart Media (Netherlands)||Channel 65|
|KPN (Netherlands)||Channel 21|
(Bosnia and Herzegovina)
|BT (United Kingdom)||Channel 324|
|Plusnet (United Kingdom)||Channel 324|
|Ziggo GO||ZiggoGO.tv (Netherlands only)|
|Horizon GO||Horizon.tv (Ireland only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
Investigation Discovery (abbreviated as ID) is a television channel available in several European nations. It competes in the same genre as Crime & Investigation Network which is also available in several European nations. The ID. channel features crime programming, including "missing persons and murder inquiries, cold cases and historical crime," as well as documentaries on forensic investigations. One such program is Deadly Women, an investigative series in which former FBI agent and profiler Candice DeLong looks at female killers throughout history.
This was followed by launches in Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in May, 2009. On June 28, 2009, the channel replaced nTalk on the Polish platform N. On 15 July it replaced TVN Lingua on Cyfra+.
- Discovery Fall Program Guide, accessed September 9, 2011.
- "Kolejny kanał pod marką Discovery w Polsce". WirtualneMedia.pl. April 7, 2009.
- "Discovery ID channel heads East". broadbandtvnews.com. April 7, 2009.
- "ITI closes another channel". broadbandtvnews.com. June 19, 2009.
- "Grupa ITI likwiduje kolejną stację". WirtualneMedia.pl. June 19, 2009.
- "Cyfra+: ID Investigation Discovery za TVN Lingua". WirtualneMedia.pl. July 16, 2009.
- "ID Investigation launches in Baltics". broadbandtvnews. August 5, 2009.
- "ID Investigation extends CEE reach". broadbandtvnews. September 14, 2009.
- Jarco Kriek (June 20, 2011). "Investigation Discovery neemt plaats Discovery Travel & Living in". Totaal TV.