|Edited by||Val Murray Runge|
Investigative Radiology is a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal published by Wolters Kluwer. Its editor-in-chief is Val Murray Runge. The journal covers research on radiology and diagnostic imaging, focusing on magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound, digital subtraction angiography, and new technologies. An additional focus is that of contrast media research, primarily for diagnostic imaging but also in the field of theranostics.
The journal was established in 1966 with S. David Rockoff as the founding editor until 1976. Other editors have been Richard H. Greenspan (1976-1984), Charles E. Putman (1984-1989), and Bruce J. Hillman (1990-1994). Val M. Runge (Inselspital, Universitätsspital Bern) has served as editor since 1994.
The journal was originally published by J.B. Lippincott (now part of Wolters Kluwer). Between 1966-1984 the journal appeared bimonthly but the frequency was increased to 9 issues in 1985, and to monthly in 1986. Each year, one or more special issues are published focusing on a single topic.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in the Science Citation Index, Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, Current Contents/Life Sciences, BIOSIS Previews, and Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2018 impact factor of 6.091.
- "Editorial Board". Investigative Radiology. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Rockoff, SD (1990). "The founding and the early years of Investigative Radiology". Invest. Radiol. 25 (4): 313–317. doi:10.1097/00004424-199004000-00003.
- Hillman, BJ (1990). "Twenty-five years of the best of Investigative Radiology". Invest. Radiol. 25 (4): 347–350. doi:10.1097/00004424-199004000-00012.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Investigative Radiology". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Investigative Radiology". 2018 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science OR Social Sciences ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2019.