Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up investigator in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Investigator may refer to:
Government and law
- Detective, a person who investigates crimes, can be a rank and job in a police department, state or federal employee, or a civilian called a private detective
- Inspector, a police rank in many countries
Science and academia
- Clinical investigator, an investigator involved in a clinical trial
- New investigator, a designation for less experienced researchers
- Principal investigator, a researcher in a research project
- Private investigator, a person who does not work for the police or government, but who undertakes investigations as a subcontractor
- Ghost hunter or other paranormal investigator
- Psychic detective, a person who investigates crimes by using purported psychic abilities
- In Mormon missionary terminology, an investigator refers to someone who is investigating the LDS Church. Generally, a non-member who is taking the missionary discussions.
- Investigator (magazine), journal of the Geelong Historical Society
- The Investigator, a 1954 Canadian radio play
- HMS Investigator, name of ships in the Royal Navy
- RV Investigator, Australian research vessel built in 2013
- Investigator Group, archipelago in South Australia
- Investigator Strait, a body of water lying between Yorke Peninsula on the Australian mainland and Kangaroo Island, both in South Australia
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Investigator.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.