|Available in||English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Finnish, Swedish, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, Malay,Vietnamese|
|No. of locations||Madrid, Spain;
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Owner||Fusion Media Ltd.|
(Co-founder & CEO)
|Alexa rank||667 (March 2016[update])|
Investing.com is a global financial portal and internet brand composed of 30 editions in 22 languages and mobile apps for Android and iOS that provide news, analysis, streaming quotes and charts, technical data and financial tools about the global financial markets. The editions each cover a broad variety of financial vehicles including Stocks, Bonds, Commodities, Currencies, Interest Rates, Futures and Options. Investing.com has offices in Madrid, Spain; Nicosia, Cyprus; Tel Aviv, Israel. The company has been featured in several media outlets, including the Huffington Post, Business Insider, TechCrunch, and VentureBeat.
- 1 History
- 2 Re-branding to Investing.com
- 3 International Editions
- 4 Products
- 5 Content
- 6 Mobile Products
- 7 Notable Contributors
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Branded initially as Forexpros.com, the portal launched in 2007 with editions in four languages: English, Spanish, Hebrew and Arabic, offering free data, information, analysis, news and tools over the Forex market for traders. Six additional editions followed in 2008, growing to a total of 18 different localized editions by the end of 2011.
Re-branding to Investing.com
During 2009 the brand expanded its offering from Forex data to encompass a wider focus which led to the later rebranding decision. This move culminated in the purchase of the Investing.com domain for $2.45 million at the end of 2012. At the time, it was considered one of the most expensive domain names ever purchased.
Investing.com currently offers 30 localized (Language localisation) editions in 22 languages including: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese. Additional editions are dedicated to the Australian, Brazilian, Canadian, Hong Kong, Indian, Mexican and South African markets.
When it launched, the site offered Forex analysis, a broker directory, and a discussion forum that was later replaced by a commenting system. The site’s Economic Calendar went live two months after the launch. Over the years, the array of products and offerings has expanded in both number and scope to include:
Quotes and Charts
Real time quotes and technical charts are available on the site for currency pairs, major global indices, stocks, commodities, ETFs, futures, options and bonds from around the globe. An array of interactive charts with technical analysis and drawing tools provides users with the ability to monitor the markets and analyze them in accordance with their personal methodologies.
- Economic calendar: Tracks events and announcements that are critical to daily markets, displaying upcoming global economic events, expected results if relevant and the actual results once announced.
- Earnings calendar: Introduced in 2013, the earnings calendar tracks the published forecasts for quarterly and annual earnings reports, displays expected earnings per share prior to seasonal release and, along with actual outcomes, posts previous/actual earnings per share, from companies worldwide.
Technical Analysis Tools
Technical Analysis tools that can be found on the site include: Technical Summaries, Pivot Points, and Technical Indicators such as RSI, ADX and more.
The site also offers users tools such as a currency converter, heat-maps, and various calculators (Fibonacci calculator, currency calculator, profit calculator, margin calculator, Forex volatility). Additionally, a set of embeddable webmaster tools are offered to 3rd party websites.
Investing.com has an internal news team which covers breaking news and offers broader coverage of important events, reports and announcements relating to currency, commodity, bond and stock markets as well as macro-economic news. The news localization across its 20 language editions is achieved by using both staff writers, as well as local news-source aggregation from third party sources.
Analysis & Opinion
Investing.com also curates fresh, actionable opinion and/or analysis from a broad variety of contributors and submitters, with approximately 150-200 articles posted per market day.
An early mobile web site was launched at the beginning of 2009 featuring the site’s economic calendar, Forex quotes, commodities, stocks and indices as well as news. With the advent of touch screen technology for smartphones, the current touch site was developed, expanded, and eventually replaced the old mobile site. In early 2012 the company initiated a move to expand its offerings to the mobile app space.
The mobile version of the site includes a number of the main sections of the website: News, Economic Calendar and Market Quotes (Forex, Indices, Stocks, and Commodities). The M. site is available in 27 localized editions.
Investing.com’s Android app was launched on September 18, 2013, initially supporting five languages (currently the application supports fifteen). The company spent in excess of one million US dollars on the app’s design and development.
The Android application offers real-time streaming quotes for over 40,000 financial instruments, an economic calendar, charting tools, personal portfolio, news, an opinion and analysis section, and technical analysis. As of June 2015 there have been over 1,000,000 downloads of the app on Google Play with an average rating of 4.6
The iOS version of the app was launched in the beginning of September 2014, concurrent with Apple's launch of the iPhone 6. It's currently available in 16 languages (English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish).
Investing.com’s financial experts include notable financial market analysts such as Marc Chandler, Anna Coulling, Cam Hui, Kathy Lien, Jeff Miller and Doug Short.
- "Investing.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- Investing.com Investing.com "About Us" section.. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- Heather Huhman Forexpros.com Buys Investing.com for Whopping $2.45 Million Huffingtonpost.com
- Heather R. Huhman Investing.com Domain Purchased for an Historic $2.45 Million Businessinsider.com
- Rip Empson Top Domains: Forexpros Buys Investing.com For $2.45M, Launches One-Stop Financial Portal For Everyday Investors Techcrunch.com
- Christina Farr Largest known domain purchase of 2012? Investing.com for $2.75M Venturebeat.com
- Tortola, BVI Fusion Media Limited To Launch Multi-Lingual Network of Forex Portals PRweb.com
- Rich Smith Investing.com Is 2012's Priciest URL, but the Real Money Is Still in Sin dailyfinance.com
- List of most expensive domain names Wikipedia.com
-  http://web.archive.org/
- Webmaster Tools Investing.com
- Weekly Comics Investing.com
- Investing.com mobile touch site Investing.com
- Michael Carney Investing.com goes mobile, proves that paywall-free content can be hugely profitable pando.com
- Investing.com Stocks & Forex Google Play
- Investing.com - Stocks, Forex, Futures & News App Store on iTunes
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Investing.com|