|First issue||9 June 1860|
The Investors Chronicle is a weekly magazine in the United Kingdom for private investors and is published by the Financial Times Group. The magazine publishes articles about global markets and sectors, and news on corporate actions such as takeovers and share issues. It was established in 1860, and has been considered a "highly influential magazine".
The Investors Chronicle was first published on 9 June 1860 as the Money Market Review. In 1914, it merged with the Investor's Chronicle and Journal of Finance. In 1928, publication was taken over by Brendan Bracken. In 1967, the Investors Chronicle merged with the Stock Exchange Gazette. And in 1978, it re-established its connection with the Financial Times, by becoming part of the FT Group. It is now published by the financial magazine division of FT Group, which is owned by Japanese media group Nikkei.
Investors Chronicle is edited by John Hughman and has a staff of 30 journalists. Their names are listed in the people panel in the magazine. The magazine focuses on coverage of companies in the FTSE 100, 250, 350 and 500 companies as well as companies listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM).
- Geoffrey J. Holmes (before 1914-1937)
- Harold Wincott (1938–1959)
- Andreas Whittam Smith (1970-1977)
- Gillian O'Connor (1982-1994)
- Ceri Jones (1996-2002)
- Matthew Vincent (2002-?)
- Oliver Ralph (2007-2009)
- Jonathan Eley (2009-2012)
- John Hughman (2012-)
- Gallagher, Rachael (4 December 2008). "Investors Chronicle redesigns in bid to boost sales". Press Gazette. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- "Mag ABCs: Full circulation round-up for the first half of 2013". Press Gazette. 15 August 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- Hodgson, Jessica (18 March 2002). "Vincent takes helm at Investors Chronicle". The Guardian. London.
- "Required reading in the Square Mile". Guardian.co.uk. London. 26 February 2002. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- Shah, Saeed (26 February 2002). "'Investors Chronicle' put on sale by Pearson". The Independent. London. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- Laurel Brake; Marysa Demoor (2009). Dictionary of Nineteenth-century Journalism in Great Britain and Ireland. Academia Press. p. 421. ISBN 978-90-382-1340-8. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Wincott Foundation, Harold Wincott Biography
- Nicholas John Wilkinson (28 May 2009). Secrecy and the Media: The Official History of the United Kingdom's D-Notice System. Routledge. p. 1030. ISBN 978-1-134-05253-0. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Jessica Hodgson. "Vincent takes helm at Investors Chronicle | Media". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "PR Newswire UK: PR Newswire UK provides press release distribution, targeting". Prnewswire.co.uk. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "News: FT appoints new editor for Investors Chronicle". InPublishing. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Delivery failure". Investors Chronicle. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2017.