|Broadcast and OTT solutions|
|Industry||Media & Telecoms|
|Headquarters||Northwich, United Kingdom|
|Nick Markham (Chairman)|
Ken Austin (Vice Chairman)
Julie Austin (CEO)
|Products||Inview Inside, EPG, Video on demand, set-top boxes, analogue switch off|
Number of employees
Inview Technology (Inview Technology Ltd or simply Inview) is a UK based digital TV software company. It specialises in advanced EPGs, interactive broadcast, IP services and solutions for Pay-TV and analogue switch off markets. Their OTT TV platform allows television broadcast and internet content to be simultaneously accessible to the viewer. The company is based in Northwich, Cheshire, UK and is privately owned.
Inview have been involved in digital TV in the UK since the late 1990s, providing software for set-top boxes manufactured by Digifusion, Thomson and Sony, alongside the Teletext Extra EPG (later renamed Radio Times Extra). Nick Markham, Inview's Chairman, developed the concept of Freeview alongside the BBC and previously worked for Top-up TV. By late 2016, Inview were enabling digital switchover for whole countries such as Nigeria (started in June 2016) and which will provide a Freeview / Freesat type broadcasting platform and implement a BBC style licence fee system to 30 million TV households.
The company was appointed in March 2015 by National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to enable digital switchover from analogue throughout the country; it will also provide set-top box software and services including full EPG, Push Video-On-Demand, a range of broadcasting applications such as news and public service information.
Also in 2016 Inview was contracted to supply middleware for Cignal, the largest satellite provider in the Philippines, which enabled Cignal to directly communicate with their customers through an the user interface, Inview's new EPG and other services such as advertising. This is all supplied within Zapper satellite boxes.
In 2014-5 their partners include Humax and Skyworth, China’s largest set-top box company, and silicon partners include Mstar and Broadcom. They have signed a deal with Pico Digital, Inc. to develop the next generation set-top box for the Latin American market, as well as Dish Mexico.
The company was started in 1996. Inview provided a chip based EPG, broadcast data service and a digital TV software platform for the free to air terrestrial market.
It was one of the first companies to launch a broadcast TV listings service, known as 4TVInteractive. However, in 2010 Inview ceased support for this service and this affected a number of Digifusion, Inverto, Thomson and Sony Set-top boxes  and caused them to show only now and next information, rather than a full EPG.
These include: whole country switch-over, OTT services, Broadcast solutions, Advertising, EPG, Video on Demand, Push-VOD#Push video on demand, Catch-Up TV, PVR, Legacy Upgrades for older boxes.
In October 2012, Inview developed "Liberator 3", an OTT cloud-based platform for Pay TV operators and telcos wishing to equip their customers with tailor made connected set-top boxes for broadcast and broadband internet content.
Inview's solution for existing (older) deployed set-top boxes is to offer applications including an EPG and TV apps that can run in devices with limited memory and processing power. By June 2015 Inview had upgraded over 10 million legacy set-top boxes worldwide.
Inview has developed the platform for a HDMI dongle streaming device called "Lolipop" which is controlled through a smartphone using gesture control. This allows content such as VOD, live streamed channels and social networking apps to be viewed on a mobile device or on another TV without the need of a set-top box.
In February 2014, Martin Edwards (Honorary Life President of Manchester Unites) and Koen Van Driel (ex-CEO of Thomson and Grundig Set Top Box Divisions) were appointed Board Directors of Inview Technology.
- Enhanced TV
- Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV
- Hybrid digital TV
- Interactive television
- List of digital distribution platforms for mobile devices
- Over-the-top content
- "Inview Technology Partner with Novatek to Launch Innovative Digital TV Platform". sys-con.com Media. 2012-04-16.
- "Broadcast Asia 2014". broadcast-asia.com. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Today's media stories from the papers". the Guardian.
- Digital TV Europ; August 2015. Accessed 10 August 2016.
- Business Live, BBC World; interview with Nick Markham, Chairman of Inview technology; published 17 Aug 2016; accessed 1 August 2016.
- "NBC Appoints Inview Technologies for Common Set-Up-Box System". talkmedianigeria.com. Talk media Nigeria. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- "NATIONAL COMMON SET TOP BOX SYSTEM AGREEMNENT". nbc.gov.ng. National Broadcasting Commission of Nigeria. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- apidtvnews.com; title: Nigeria takes delivery of first DTT set-top boxes; accessed 24 August 2016.
- dailytrust.com.ng; title: Broadcast Digitisation: MTN launches TV service in Jos, offers 30 free channels by Hir Joseph, Jos | Publish Date: May 26, 2016; accessed 24 August 2016.
- rapidtvnews.com; title: Dish Mexico selects Inview for DTH ecosystem; Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 ; accessed 24 August 2016.
- http://nextvlatam.com/ Next TV news; title: DISH MEXICO APPOINTED INVIEW TO PROVIDE AN ADVANCED DTH ECOSYSTEM; June 16, 2016; accessed 24 August 2016.
- digitaltvnews.net; title: Dish Mexico selects Inview for DTH ecosystem; June 14th, 2016; accessed 24 August 2016.
- Television, Advanced. [EPG and value added services such as advertising on all Zapper satellite boxes "Philippines: Inview middleware for Cignal"] Check
|url=value (help). http://advanced-television.com/. Advanced Television Ltd. Retrieved 8 October 2016. External link in
- "Skyworth to integrate Inview services". advanced-television.com. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Farncombe, Inview deliver OTT solutions to LatAm".
- "InView EPG death - boxes".
- "InView EPG to be withdrawn - DigiFusion / Thomson PVRs affected - Digital TV Banter".
- "News - Inview to showcase its Broadcast Advertising and Push-VOD solutions at Broadcast Asia 2014". inview.tv/. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "INVIEW TECHNOLOGY". broadcast-asia.com. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Inview gives new life to legacy STBs". advanced-television.com. Advanced Television Ltd.
- "ONLINE SHOW CATALOGUE". broadcast-asia.com. BroadcastAsia 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "News - Inview and Irdeto deliver IP connected STB software and services for leading Thai pay TV operator – Inview".
- "Inview to reveal next generation OTT solution at TV Connect 2014".
- "Inview website". Inview Technology. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Radio Times to run Freeview EPG". Broadband TV News. 2011-01-31.