|Running time||approximately 60 minutes|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Syndicates||National Public Radio|
|Hosted by||Alix Spiegel|
|Senior editor(s)||Anne Gudenkauf|
|Original release||2015 – present|
|No. of series||4|
|No. of episodes||23|
|Podcast||Invisibilia Podcast Directory|
Invisibilia is a radio program and podcast currently produced and hosted by Alix Spiegel and Hanna Rosin for National Public Radio. Previous seasons were also hosted by Lulu Miller. The show debuted in early 2015, and "explores the intangible forces that shape human behavior—things like ideas, beliefs, assumptions and emotions." The program's title comes from Latin, meaning "all the invisible things". The Guardian ranked Invisibilia among "the 10 best new podcasts of 2015."
Alix Spiegel was a founding producer of This American Life and freelanced for NPR's Science Desk covering psychology and human behavior. At Chicago's Third Coast International Audio Festival, Spiegel met former Radiolab producer Lulu Miller and asked her to co-produce a piece she was working on. The two began collaborating on radio stories and conceived of a new long-form program that would become Invisibilia. The show's first six-episode season aired from January to February 2015, with excerpts occasionally running on All Things Considered, Morning Edition, Radiolab and This American Life. This extra exposure and Miller and Spiegel's track record helped Invisibilia debut at #1 on the iTunes podcast chart and to maintain a consistent top-ten ranking in the months following its launch. Hanna Rosin from The Atlantic joined as cohost for the second season, which premiered in June 2016 and ran for seven episodes. The third season debuted in June 2017 with Spiegel and Rosin as hosts.
- The Secret History of Thoughts
- How to Become Batman
- The Power of Categories
- Our Computers Our Selves
- The New Norm
- The Personality Myth
- The Problem with the Solution
- Frame of Reference
- Flip the Script
- The Secret Emotional Life of Clothes
- Outside In
- Emotions (Part 1, and High Voltage, Part 2)
- Reality (Part 1, and Bubble Hopping, Part 2)
- The Culture Inside
- Future Self
- True You
- I, I, I. Him
- The Other Real World
- What Was Not Said
- The Pattern Problem
- Everything Good
- The Callout
- The Fifth Vital Sign
- Post, Shoot
- The Weatherman
- "About Invisibilia". npr.org. National Public Radio. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Locker, Melissa (11 December 2015). "The 10 best new podcasts of 2015". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Alix Spiegel: Correspondent, Science Desk and Co-Host, Invisibilia". NPR.org. National Public Radio. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Larson, Sarah. ""Invisibilia" and the Evolving Art of Radio". The New Yorker. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Locker, Melissa (2016-06-17). "Invisibilia: the podcast exploring the unseen forces that govern us". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "The New Norm". 2016-06-17. Retrieved 2016-06-28.