Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up involution in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Involution occurs when something turns in upon itself. It may refer to:
- Involute, a construction in the differential geometry of curves
- Agricultural Involution: The Processes of Ecological Change in Indonesia, a study of intensification of production through increased labour inputs
- Involution (mathematics), a function that is its own inverse
- Involution (medicine), the shrinking of an organ (such as the uterus after pregnancy)
- Involution (philosophy), a "turning in" on one's self
- Involution (esoterism), several notions of a counterpart to evolution
- Involution (Meher Baba), the inner path of the human soul to the self
- Involution algebra, a *-algebra: an algebra equipped with an involution
- Involution (music), Howard Hanson's term for inverting a scale
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Involution.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.