Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up involution in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Involution occurs when something turns in upon itself. It may refer to:
- Involute, a construction in the differential geometry of curves
- Agricultural Involution: The Processes of Ecological Change in Indonesia, a study of intensification of production through increased labour inputs
- Involution (mathematics), a function that is its own inverse
- Involution (medicine), the shrinking of an organ (such as the uterus after pregnancy)
- Involution (philosophy), a "turning in" on one's self
- Involution (esoterism), several notions of a counterpart to evolution
- Involution (Meher Baba), the inner path of the human soul to the self
- Involution algebra, a *-algebra: an algebra equipped with an involution
- Involution (music), Howard Hanson's term for inverting a scale
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Involution.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.