|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
2nd lt. Ioan Dicezare, 1943
12 August 1916|
|Died||10 August 2012
|Allegiance||Romanian Armed Forces|
|Service/branch||Romanian Air Force|
|Unit||7th Fighter Group
1st Fighter Group
|Awards||Order of Michael the Brave,
On April 22, 1943 Dicezare engaged a Soviet bomber formation and shot down one A-20 Boston, which fell behind Axis lines. He then returned to the airfield and took the group's liaison Bf-108 Taifun. He landed near the crash site and took the pilot and the observer prisoner.
In over 500 combat operations He was credited with 16 confirmed victories (and 3 probable) in aerial combat.
Dicezare died August 10, 2012, 2 days before his 96th birthday. He was the last survivor of ”Grupul 7 Vânătoare” pilots who managed to escape the Stalingrad encirclement.
Decorations and awards
- Order of Michael the Brave, 3rd class (August 30, 1943) - campaign from Mariupol
- Order of Aeronautical Merit, Gold Cross with two bars and Knight with two straps (1943) - campaigns in the USSR from 1943
- Order of the Crown of Romania, 1st class with swords and Military Virtue ribbon (1943?)
- Iron Cross of 1939
- 2nd class (probably June 6, 1943)
- 1st class (probably August 17, 1943)
- (Romanian) Claudiu Pacearcă, Doliu în aviația românească. A murit Generalul Ioan Dicezare, unul dintre ultimii piloți de vânătoare români din al doilea Război Mondial, libertatea.ro, 10 August 2012, accessed 2012-08-10
- Dénes Bernád, John A. Weal, Romanian Aces of World War 2, Botley, Oxfordshire: Osprey Publishing, 2003, ISBN 184176535X
- (Romanian) Sorin Turturică, Cruciaţi ai înălţimilor. Grupul 7 Vânătoare de la Prut la Odessa, București: Editura Militară, 2012, ISBN 978-973-32-0888-4
- (Romanian) Vasile Tudor - Un nume de legenda - Căpitan av. erou Alexandru Șerbănescu, București: Editura Modelism, 1998, ISBN 973-97984-9-7
|This biographical article related to the military of Romania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|