|Genres||Flamenco/ Rock fusion|
|Labels||Wild Rose Angel Productions|
Early life and education
|This section does not cite any sources. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Anastassakis was born on the island of Crete. He began learning to play the guitar at age 12. He studied at the Philippos Nakas Conservatory in Athens and privately with Berkeley College of Music alumni, Stelios Karaminas. He graduated from the American College of Greece and subsequently studied at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California. He received a Masters degree in Guitar Performance from the California State University, Fresno.
After graduation, Anastassakis taught guitar technique and began giving recitals and concerts in both Greece and the United States. In 2006 Mel Bay published a book of his flamenco guitar compositions.
In 2007 Anastassakis independently released his first Electric guitar album, Suspension Of Disbelief. The album consisted of both fast-paced flamenco style acoustic music and rock style electric guitar instrumental tracks.
In 2008 Anastassakis organized the first Greek Guitar Power Tour. This group of guitarists tours around Greece each year, presenting concerts, guitar classes, seminars and contests. That year his instruction book, The Art of Tremolo, was published by Mel Bay. This was followed by several more books on Flamenco and Electric Guitar.
In 2009 his second album of rock-fusion music Orbital Attempt,  was released on the Wild Rose Angel Productions label. The album featured guest solos by Kiko Loureiro (Angra, Megadeth) and Brett Garsed, as well as the keyboard player Bob Katsionis.  The instrumental tracks feature fast fingering and a variety of guitar techniques from flamenco to heavy metal rock riffs. Anastassakis was praised for his skill and technique, but criticized for squeezing in so many complex licks at the expense of musicality. The music is composed by Anastassakis.
Also in 2009, Anastassakis played a guest solos for the solo CD of Greek guitarist Kostas Vretos on his album Skin On Strings.
In 2014 Ioannis produced and released the first CD of Greek Guitar Power team, called Greek Guitar Power, Vol.1 with 12 original tracks composed by the members of the group.
- Flamenco Live at Ioannina (2004)
- Flamenco Journal (2006)
- Suspension of Disbelief (2007)
- Orbitall Attempt (2009)
Elite Guitar Coaching
- Elite Guitar Coaching Rising Stars, Vol.1 (2013)
Greek Guitar Power
- Greek Guitar Power, Vol.1 (2014)
Orbital Attempt - Track listing
- "The Promised Land" – 5:46
- "Astrochicken's Victorious Attack" – 5:37
- "Weird Thing" – 7:21
- "A Mi Madre (Soleares)" – 5:20
- "Orbital Attempt" – 8:39
- "Progressive Minds" – 11:24
- "Veridiana (Rumba Flamenca)" – 4:04
- "Abort Horizon" – 6:34
- "The Greek Guitar Power Jam" – 8:29
- "Guest Solos 2008" – 2:45
- "The Greek Guitar Power Jam Backing Track" - 7:53
Books and Publications
- The Art of Rasgueado, Mel Bay Publications, 2004
- Guitar Journals: Flamenco, Mel Bay Publications, 2006
- MBGU Rock Guitar Masterclass Vol.1 - 60 Tapping Licks, Mel Bay Publications, 2007
- The Art of Tremolo, Mel Bay Publications, 2008
- MBGU Rock Guitar Masterclass Vol. 2 - 60 Sweeping Licks, Mel Bay Publications, 2010
- "Ioannis Anastassakis Suspension Of Disbelief". Rocking,
- "Ioannis Anastassakis – Suspension Of Disbelief". DPRP, 2007 : VOLUME 74
- "Anastassakis, Ioannis: Orbital Attempt". Sea of Tranquility Review
- "Orbital Attempt". Metal, Artikel veröffentlicht 16.06.2009
- "Review of Orbital Attempt". Stormbringer Austrian Heavyzine
- "Ioannis Anastassakis - Orbital Attempt". Metalist Magazine, 07/09/2011
- "Spacy record reviews: Ioannis Anastassakis, Astra.". Metal Jazz Review July 10, 2009
- "Hot New Reviews". Strutterzine.
- "Ioannis Anastassakis - _Orbital Attempt". Chronicles of Chronos, Daniel Cairns. 4/7/2009
- "Ioannis Anastassakis - Orbital Attempt, Wild Rose Angel Productions". Harder Beat, July 2009, review by Travis Tutwiler
- "Ioannis Anastassakis : Orbital Attempt". Hard Rock Haven, Alissa Ordabai
- "Kostas Vretos - Skin On Strings". MetalZone, review by Konstantinos Grevenitis
- "Ioannis Anastassakis (Griechenland) Orbital Attempt CD". Metal Glory. review by Matthias Bromm