|Full name||Giannis Skondras|
|Date of birth||21 February 1990|
|Place of birth||Trikala, Greece|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:01, 26 May 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 August 2013
Skondras began his career in 2004 with Asklipios Trikalon and joined after only one year in July 2005 with Atromitos F.C.. In July 2008 was promoted to the senior team who played in the Beta Ethniki here earned his first professional match on 30 November 2009 against Diagoras F.C..
Skondras gave a solid performance for Atromitos in 2011/12 Greek Cup where he virtually kept then top-scorer Kevin Mirallas quiet for most of the evening; a display that prompted plenty of interest from the Olympiakos brass. The Greece U-21 international was rumored to be on his way to the Giorgos Karaiskakis Stadium this past summer as doubt over Vasilis Torosidis’ future at the club circled the port city. When speculation regarding Torosidis’ departure for AS Roma died down, the pursuit of Skondras was abandoned for a while.
He made his debut with the club on 17 August 2013 in a 3-0 home win against Xanthi. On 16 April 2014 in a semi-final for the Greek Cup against Olympiakos where the game is held up for over an hour after fans throw hundreds of flares onto the pitch and set fire to a dug outs has a key role in a 1-0 win following a 2-1 defeat in the first leg in Athens helping PAOK eventually went through the final. Giannis Skondras experienced two defeats in Greek Cup finals during his spell at Atromitos. His third attempt to silverware –with the black-and-white kit this time round- is nearing and he believes that he will be lucky that time. Unfortunately, Skondras did not manage to win the Greek Cup in his third presence on it as his club lost 1-4 against Panathinaikos. In a mediocre 2014-15 season with the club, he had his best professional year so far with 37 appearances (2 goals, 7 assists) in all competitions.
On 8 October 2015, rumour transfers for a possible move of the player in the rivals Panathinaikos, are rejected by the club as the Greens do not intend to make a move for the 25-year-old right back since they want to support the players that are already chosen (Jens Wemmer, Nikos Marinakis and Christos Bourbos) for the teams' roster. The 2016-17 season did not start well for the 26-year-old international as the Serbian manager Vladimir Ivić did not include him in his team's pre-season squad (along with Erik Sabo, Terry Antonis, Panagiotis Deligiannidis) and it seems that Giannis Skondras will be finally released from the Greek club this summer, after three seasons and 93 official performances with two goals. On 26 January 2017, PAOK officially announced the mutual termination of the Greek right defender contract, six month before its actual expiration.
Skondras signed a short-term contract with Scottish Premiership club Hamilton Academical in January 2017. On 8 April 2017, in his 8th appearance for the club, he was dismissed just before half time for a foul on the counter-attacking Ryan Dow at home to Ross County. The decision was later overturned following an appeal. On 20 May 2017, Skondras scored his first goal for the club with a thunderous long-range strike in a 4–0 win against Dundee, a result that meant Hamilton avoided automatic relegation to the Scottish Championship.  
Skondras was a member of the Greece under-17, under-19 and under-21 squads. He was selected by the Greece national football team manager Fernando Santos for the match against Georgia national football team on 11 October 2011, but did not play.
- Atromitos Profile
- "PAOK squad". soccerway.com.
- "Skondras, Samaris set for winter moves to Piraeus!". footballhellas.com. 18 October 2012.
- Στον ΠΑΟΚ ο Γιάννης Σκόνδρας (Ioannis Skondras moved to PAOK); PAOK's official website, 21 July 2013 (Greek)
- "Giannis Skondras transferred from Atromitos to PAOK". soccerfame.com.
- "PAOK vs Olympiakos". mirror.co.uk. 17 April 2014.
- "Third time lucky for Skondras?". paokfc.gr. 20 April 2014.
- Σκόνδρας: "Θα τα καταφέρουμε"! (in Greek). sport-fm.gr. 19 April 2014.
- ΠΑΟΚ - Παναθηναϊκός 1-4 (in Greek). sport-fm.gr. 26 April 2014.
- "Panathinaikos reject Skondras reports". www.sdna.gr. 8 October 2015.
- "Hamilton sign Giannis Skondras after defender's PAOK exit". BBC Sport. BBC. 30 January 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- Crawford, Kenny (8 April 2017). "Hamilton 1–1 Ross County". BBC Sport. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- Coyle, Andy (13 April 2017). "Hamilton handed boost as Skondras wins red card appeal". STV Sport. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "HAMILTON 4-0 DUNDEE: DARK BLUES END SEASON WITH A WHIMPER". www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "Η γκολάρα του Γιάννη Σκόνδρα". www.sport24.gr. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Giannis Skondras profile". Guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Ioannis Skondras profile". Soccerway.